In Attendance: Stephen Wright, Alan Smith, Hal Brockman, Meg DuMez, Noel Tavan
Excused: Randy Grant
Guests: Mike Pagalan, John Tucker, Jacob Campbell, Dave Cook
- Call to Order, Announcement and Introductions
- Board Member Committee Reports
- December’s P & L was negative since 2018 JEs move 2018 revenues into January 2019 for revenues captured in 2018 for 2019 events
Cost Center P & L
- 2018 is not closed. However, should be profitable. More when state and federal taxes filed.
- Race Operations - Steve and Noel-
- Equipment and Storage - Hal
- Marketing/Social Media - Steve, Meg
- Working on instagram startup and reboot Twitter
- Dave Cook and Steve talked to potential treasurer candidate this week.
- 2018 Race participant surveys and P & L - Board
- Application will be voted on at February meeting.
- 2019 Dual Duel - Jacob and Mike
- Scheduled for May 18 at Cleveland HS. Expanded Dual Duel program to include several other events - 1500 meters and 3000 meters. Dual Duel for racewalkers changed to 10K to reduce overall event timeframe. More to come.
- Awards Banquet - Steve, Alan, Hal
- Planning for sell out crowd again. Probably 125.
- Have six member committee working on agenda and speakers. Desire to have agenda populated as much as possible by April, when registration opens.
- Still searching for either free or low cost host venue within walking distance of Hilton.
- Working on a few possibilities, including Nike and Beaverton. Meeting schedule to forward discussion
- Jean Knaap will be visiting in May, to spec out Portland.
- ORRC has signed contract to use both Cheatham and Miller Halls for 2019 Turkey Trot. Miller will be registration. Cheatham will be for food. Two hall increase inside footprint by about 150%, a good omen to a great race.
- All board members read and signed conflict of interest acknowledgment, as required by ORRC, RRCA and IRS to maintain 501 (C) (3) status.
- Asked board members to come back in February with one action plan they plan to quarterback in 2019.
- Mike and Jacob continue to proceed on Dual Duel, including shirts and timing such as shirts for branding.
- FYI . . Meg successfully completed her RRCA certified coaching, level 1 course.