Join our Office Hours (Wednesdays at 2pm):
Every day we are hosting office hours on Zoom to make sure we’re here for businesses that need support. Covid-19 related or not your questions are important to us.
Click here for our latest newsletter with a calendar of online events + awards to apply to.
April 2nd 2020 - 12pm - 6pm BST / 7am - 1pm EST
Project Everywhere -The Global Virtual Summit Supporting Charities Through COVID-19. Five hours, two streams, and an additional resource library to provide the practical tools for fundraising during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resources on COVID-19 and your business
- Full list of funding opportunities for social enterprises by Pioneer’s post: here
- Crowdfunder are offering 100% free fundraising for your business along with support from Enterprise Nation: here
- Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where we operate. here
On Working remotely, some good guides and articles:
Tools and helpful articles:
Join online communities:
Here’s a thread that was set up by Work Notes for people to share what they do and see if others have opportunities that match, and vice versa:
See the thread
And here’s a thread started by Laura Avernethy where a few people have shared their own tried and tested coping strategies:
Check it out
This article from Amanda Appiagyei has some great practical ideas about how to take care of yourself and your business in times of uncertainty:
15 Things To Do When Work Gets a Bit Too Quiet
Along with some practical financial tips, there are some suggestions on how to pivot quickly and how to look after your mental health in this blog from The Freelance Kit too:
7 ways for freelancers to weather the covid-19 storm
And here’s a LinkedIn article by business coach Rachel Allen:
What can you do to protect your business?
One resource we came across goes above and beyond. So specific, so good, it’s worth a hundred “normal” working-from-home links. Published by Leapers who exist to support the mental health of the self-employed:
The Little Guide to… Working well from home under self-quarantine for Coronavirus.
Kids at home? Panic rising? Here’s a useful article by Jill and Lucy, ex-teachers and co-founders of Time Flies for Kids, about how to manage kids while working from home:
My kids are off school and I'm not a teacher, help!
Another one for the parents among us. A searchable list of home-schooling, education and children’s entertainment resources, curated from the Doing It For The Kids Facebook group:
Homeschooling / isolation resources
Practical and legal advice
- The latest government information on support available for small businesses can be found here
- London Growth Hub has collated loads of useful info and guidance for small businesses on responding to Covid-19 here
- There is information here on how small businesses can apply for a Coronavirus Interruption Loan
- You can find government advice for renters who are facing a loss of income here
Other sources of support
- Echo member. (We’ll be offering more training and support for people who want to deliver webinars soon)
- Crowdfunder have removed all fees for setting up campaigns on their platform
- Charlie HR have put together some v useful guidance for anyone who employs others who needs to understand sick pay obligations and how to manage and support your team during this time.
- Tutti have created a fantastic resource with ideas for freelancers who need to diversify their work and find new sources of income
Creative, fun + inspiring stuff