Newsweek — Deputy Breaking News Editor
2018 - PRESENT
- Assigning editor for breaking news desk.
- Responsibilities include ideation, line editing and monitoring analytics on a daily beat for a staff of 20 writers.
Freelance Hustle —Contributor
2010 - PRESENT
- Freelance contributor to Salon, Vice, Billboard, The Independent, Consequence of Sound, Remezcla, Paste Magazine, LA Weekly, SF Weekly, the San Francisco Chronicle, Red Bull Music Academy, Timeline and others.
- Beats include culture, politics, music, social justice and technology.
Salon Media Group — Editor
- Interim editor responsible for managing breaking politics news desk and technology/innovation coverage. Oversaw the editorial budget, assigned and line edited the work of staff and freelancers.
- Video team editor in charge of creating and editing scripts for broadcast and web copy.
- Homepage editor in charge of site maintenance, analytics.
- Monitored and updated Salon.com homepage to achieve increased unique visits and return rates.
- Contributor to culture, technology and politics desks.
Thrillist Media Group — Cities Editor, Contributor
2016 - 2017
- Editor/reporter covering city trends, lifestyle news, and food and drink for Thrillist cities.
- Responsible for management, assigning and budget of eight city verticals across the U.S. as well as more than 20 freelance writers.
- Monitored web analytics and story performance across several metrics to improve page views and return rates.
EE Times — Associate Editor
2013 - 2016
- Reporter and editor for the premier electronics trade publication, a division of UBM, a publicly traded multi-national media company.
- Beats include breaking trends in mobile communications, networking, sensors and the Internet of Things hardware, as well general semiconductor industry coverage.
- Responsible for daily publishing operations including editorial budget, website maintenance and coordination with staff and freelancers.
Embarcadero Media — Editor
2010 - 2013
- Responsible for editorial content and assigning for three distinct hyper-local news websites in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Closely followed county corruption scandals, overpopulation and planning issues, as well as focused features on oddities and important local figures.
- Oversaw a staff of writers, freelancers and designers to increase readership and overcome financial deficits.
- Organized and co-moderated several televised debates for local government candidates.
- Strategized with sales department to create partnerships with local business organizations for editorial and promotional ends.
KUSF 90.3 FM/SFCR, — Producer, Events Director and News Coordinator
2007 - 2016
- Host and producer with first-line responsibility for weekly 2 to 3-hour new music program.
- Responsible for producing institutional public service announcements and promotional spots.
- News and public information coordinator responsible for setting up media contacts and issuing press releases.
- Coordinator and music venue liaison for promotional events.
WordPress, Joomla and other content management systems
Search engine optimization and social media management
Web analytics: Chartbeat, Omniture and Google Analytics
- Protools, Dalet and Final Cut Express
San Francisco State University
San Francisco, CA B.A. Journalism
Magna Cum Laude
Basic Spanish proficiency