Parents and Guardians,
As the time for giving gifts nears, I wanted to remind you of the school dress code and also let you know of an addendum to the code. As a middle school, we strive to err on the side of modesty. That said, there is a recent change to the dress code concerning ripped jeans/pants. If a student has rips in their pants, they must either wear spandex underneath their clothes, or the rips must be below their fingertips with arms hanging in a relaxed state.
Thank you for your continued support. I hope you have a restful and joyous Thanksgiving break.
I have included the amended dress code below:
Students shall be clean and dressed in an appropriate manner that will not be disruptive to the educational program of the school. Dress code applies to ALL school activities.
Rips or tears in pants must be lower than the fingertips when the arms are hanging in a relaxed state or within 4 inches of the knee.
· Footwear must be worn on campus at all times.
· Tops must touch the top of pants or skirts with no mid-riff showing (normal standing position).
· Pants and shorts must be worn at the natural waistline.
· Yoga pants and leggings can be worn but must have a top that covers the backside of the student.
· Shorts must have a minimum 4” inseam.
· Dresses/tops must have a minimum 1” wide strap and dresses/skirts must be not higher than 4” above the knee.
· There should be no visible cleavage and undergarments should not be visible at any time.
· Bandannas are not allowed to be worn on school property.
· Sweat tops or light coats need to be tight fitting and hoods must be down
The following may not be worn in the school building:
Hats, caps, visors must be kept in the school lockers. Hoods must be down at all times.
High heels footwear will not be allowed.
Pajamas, slippers, sweatbands, hairnets, see through tops and blouses are not allowed.
Clothing or jewelry with lettering and/or pictures depicting alcohol, drugs, tobacco, sex, nudity, profanity, violence, vulgarity or those portraying gang affiliation are not allowed.
Dark glasses unless prescribed by a physician.
Heavy Coats, Backpacks, Large Purses and bags must be kept in the lockers
Additional guidelines may be imposed by the advisor, sponsor, or teacher in charge of any event. Students will be required to comply with specific dress codes in shop, physical education, or classes that may require specific dress regulations. During the year, certain events may call for “special” dress or costuming.
DRESS CODE PENALTY
Students will either be sent home or wear clothing the office provides for them. Defiant behavior or resistant behavior will be dealt with on an individual basis per Code of Conduct policies.