YouTube adverts 101
Welcome to season 2 of business unplugged.
- 1.9 BILLION actiove monthly users.
- Average viewing session is 40 mins!! Beats FB
- 9% of small businesses are on YouTube…. WOW!
YouTube mobile ads receive viewer attention 83 percent of the time
This is a startling amount, given that TV ads average around 45 percent.
- 95% of YouTube ads are audible vs Facebooks 15% - aduio is poiwer
- 51% of marketers run video ads on youtube - LIESSS
But first - The generation game
Here’s 30 images, im gonna give you 15 seoconds to memorise as many of these things as possible, 15 seonds is aparanlty how quickly people click off a webiste on average, i have issues with that stat but for the sake of the game, lets go.
LET 3O IMAGES
- What are they?
WHy did we do this. 14 times to remember a brand , Awareness, recognition and recall.
2. Why -
- Cheap, less than a penny a view.
- People need to see you a lot to remember you, attention is tough, being remember even hader, building value, oh man...
3. Who should do them?
- SME’s wanting to build awareness of anything.
- People looking to build a following on YouTube or an e-mail list etc
- Selling books, courses. Lead gen, website traffic
4. Targeting part 1 - Placements
- You can place them on other youtube channels - So your advert could go at the start of every Tony robins video if he has ads, or to the side etc
- You can target individual videos.
- Demographic, location and age - further hone in, only people in the uk aged x who watch this video.
- You can target people who have watched your YouTub videos already
- YOu can place them on only particualr websites,
- You can be where your audience are and there alone
5. Targeting part 2. Audience
- You can show them to people who have typed in certain keywords on Google’s network ii business coach hemel,
- You can targt topics - business coaches
- Custom intent audiences - Target people who aremaking a pruchasing decision. Shows to people who are searching specific topics.
- Custom affinity audience - Things thyere interested in, add urls and keywords and Google will build an audience - slightly more general.
- You can build these audiences with keywords
- You can build journeys using videos depending on where they might be in the cycle.
- Ad words to lading page, they dont sign up, you follow them with a video encouraging them to sign up to your free course, whent they do it triggers a new ad, you can up sell.
- You can even targey though life events, birthdays new jobs etc
6. Targeting part 3 - Remarketing - Brand recognition
- It used to be 7 touch points, 14 now, people wont just remember you
- Possibly the cheapest - You can follow people who have been on your site, a paticular page
- You can remarket to people who have watched your YouTube videos, subscribed to your channel, liked a vidoe, added a video to a plyalist, shared avideo. Even create a list of people who viewed your ad
- You can show to peopel who have not visitied a page
- Point is, theres a tonne you can do.
- We like to blast new products, events etc to people who visit our site, we can build an audicnce over a year and then if we want to get a message out, slam them with ti.
- You can set up conversions in Google, it’ll show you which ones get click that lead to your desired results.
- For us, this is an awareness thing
7. But isnt it annoying? The quiz with no name
Im going to show you some brands who use this a lot who probably show them to you as well, lets see if you can recognise what they do, maybe their vales and vision etc just from YT thier logo
If you dont, someone will.
Set up how often your audience see it
- Create 5-10 different videos, different styles, different way of getting the message across. Monday.com are amazing at this.
- Set how often people see it, once a day, or maybe 8 times a week or 1 of each video a day but only 3 times a week.
- Done right and updating a lot, it’ll drive the right awareness.
- Youve only really got 5 seconds to make an impact
- Think of your goal, if you want to drive conversions, showing a new ad to people who have seen one in the second stage of you system might need a different message
- Shot on a phone screams get rich quick sceme these days
- Has to fit in with initial goal. Then work out the message, then 10 different ways to get it out there in 5 seconds.
- Use video at all the stages, familularity is key here.
Give it a try.
Want us to give your YouTube channel an audit? We’ll look at your goals, what youre currenlty doing and then give you a tonne of tips on growing it, catch is, we’ll do it live so other people can learn too.