Black Girls Cook
Job Description: Volunteer Grant Writing Coordinator
Mission: To empower and inspire inner city teen girls through culinary arts.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters of support, proposals, & presentations.
- Maintain a grants calendar on Google Drive with relevant due dates, deadlines, feedback dates, etc.
- Editing and proofreading grant proposals and other communications to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax; and to improve clarity and readability.
- Conducting grants and prospective donor research, remaining cognizant of Black Girls Cook needs.
- Managing and creating development communications, including monthly email newsletters, reports, acknowledgements for charitable gifts, appeal letters, etc.
- Monitoring trends & continuing education in fundraising communications.
- Report out monthly on submission, approvals and fundings.
- Understands and supports the mission of Black Girls Cook.
- Experienced Grant Writer must have at least two years' experience in the grant writing field.
- Relevant experience with non-profits is preferred but not required.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Sharp writing and research skills required.
- A high level of computer literacy required.
Interested? Please send a cover letter with resume to Info@BlackGirlsCook.org by Friday, , January 10, 2020.