Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
July 24, 2017 at 5:15 pm – 18 Beech Street
- Work Session (5:15 pm to 6 pm)
- Updating Bylaws
- Annual Meeting will be held at 6:00 pm. Regular meeting will follow directly after adjournment of the Annual Meeting.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Julie
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at email@example.com.
- Staff Comments: three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consent Agenda
- Approve Positive Discipline Procedure
- Approve Parent Student Handbook
- Approve Annual Compliance Assurances
- BOD President - President
- Adopt 2017 Revision of Bylaws
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee - Treasurer
- Head of School - Susan
- Report (If she is able to call in for report - otherwise will be moved to August meeting)
- Board: begin to review Administrator Evaluation Plan, Communication Plan, Board Goals, Master Calendar - provide Feedback to HOS by Aug 7th.
- Finance Director - Aaron
- Review Financials
- Building and Location Committee Report - Stacey
- Status of Missing Reports
- Budget and Financial Oversight Committee
- Nominations and Board Development Committee (recommendations based upon analysis of Board Self-Evaluation)
- Report from Kathy and Stacey on the Charter School Conference
- External Networking Report(s)
- New Business
- Need a motion to change the Registered Agent for the CKMS 501c3 corporation. Suggest Aaron Knox, FD.
- Action Item to file paperwork, file annual return, and pay annual fee prior to July 31, 2017.
- Do we want to extend our current lease agreement with Deb Campbell (25 N Beech) to allow for one or two more years of options?
- BOD Report to Kiva Kids Newsletter
- Shared Board Information
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President
- Annual BOD Task Calendar
- Upcoming events
- First Day of School, August 21, 2017
- Next BOD meeting
- August 28, 2017
- Review importance of completing action items in a timely manner – Tamia
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Review all current action items – Tamia