Mobile Application Development, 4th semester, Weekly plan
This plan is subject to change! Read the plan often, but do not print the plan.
Week 35, 26.08-31.08
- Introduction to the course
- The necessary software
- Android Activities
- Android Intents
Uploading apps to your phone can be done in many ways.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a cable, Head First Android, page 105
- Messenger, go through the example from Head First, chapter 3: Make the project and run it on your phone or emulator.
Week 36, 02.09-06.09
- Intents, continued (data, implicit intents)
- Activity life cycle
Week 37, 09.09 - 13.09
- Tirsdag 10.09 12:15, Orientering om praktik ved Vibeke Sandau, praktik-koordinator
- Views, continued
- ListViews and Adapters
Week 38, 16.09-20.09
- Support Libraries and App Bars
- Testing Android apps
- Preferences: Ask the user about his/her favorite font size, and use this font size in the application. The font size must be stored using SharedPreference.
Extra: Ask for favorite color, and use if as the background color.
- AppBar: Add an AppBar to one of your applications.
The AppBar must have menu items, and ActionProviders and an "up button" if relevant.
- DialogFragment: Adding a Neutral button
- Extra: Try this tutorial Multi-pane development ... with Fragments
- UI Test your calculator (from the first week of the course)
Week 39, 23.09-27.09
- Networking: REST etc.
Week 40, 30.09-04.10
Tuesday: No lessons according to the schedule!
- Gesture detection: Swipe, etc.
- Location based services
Week 41, 07.10-11.10
- Content providers
- Google Maps: Create a Google Maps Application (template in Android Studio)
Modify to center and zoom to current position.
Modify to add a marker with the address of the current position.
Week 42: Holidays, all week
Week 43, 21.10-25.10
- Individual project (synopsis): What is your subject? Fill out the form.
- Kotlin, another programming language for Android
- Re-program some of your applications with Kotlin.
Week 44, 28.10 - 01.11
Microsoft’s way of making cross platform applications using C# and Visual studio
Week 45, 04.11 - 08.11
- Working on the mandatory assignment
- If you are ready you can show me your solution to the mandatory assignment.
Week 46, 11.11 - 15.11
Last chance to show me your solution to the mandatory assignment.
Week 47-51, 17.11-20.12 Individual projekt
Friday 20.20, last chance to hand in your report.
Week 52 - 1, 23.12 - 03.01
Christmas + New Year + Exam preparation
Week 2, 06.02-10.02 Exams