2019 NEIGHBORHOOD NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
Village Drive Village and our neighbors had a blast on August 6. We have many people to thank:
- Tracey Barrett and Lynn Norusis of Focus on NoVA Real Estate are Village Drive Village volunteers and Board members. They organized the whole event. They coordinated arrangements with Craftsman Auto Care and recruited neighborhood business donors. Lynn and Tracey donated ice cream and custom water bottles (our logo and website!) and some of the postcard expenses.
- Craftsman Auto Care, with the management of Judy Curry, provided the host site, with tents, a sound system, and a lot of publicity, including special magnets for Village Drive VIllage. They asked Global Bistro to provide hot dogs.
- And Global Bistro not only provided the hot dogs--beef and chicken, they also served them, along with some very nice lentil soup.
- Village Drive Village volunteers Nicole Pellicciotto and Steve Karcha provided the Muppet shows.
- Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling of Suburban Virginia provided the portable bathrooms.
- Daniel’s Painting and Contracting, Indigo Interiors, and RPM Home Inspect all donated money to help Lynn and Tracey mail postcards.
- Village Drive Board members provided snacks and sides to go with the hot dogs.
- Dan Feighery, Pam Thompson, and Bob Jann took the photos shown below.
- Last, but not least, Fire Trucks and Police Cars and very friendly officers from Fairfax County Police, Fire, and Sheriff Departments met our neighbors, especially the children, and let the children admire, touch, and sit in the equipment and take home souvenirs..
This was truly a neighborhood event. All the donations and work were from neighborhood businesses or from business owners who live in our neighborhood. Please thank them when you see them and, of course, consider using their services in the future.
If you have suggestions for next year’s Neighborhood National Night Out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.