U19 Scale-up Hubs Meeting
Encuentro anual de grupos de investigación del US National Institute of Mental Health
Host: Proyecto DIADA
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana y/and Dartmouth College
Miércoles, Noviembre 13 de 2019 / Wednesday, November 13th 2019
Foro abierto / Open forum
Investigación en Salud Mental Global / Global Mental Health Research
LUGAR / PLACE: Auditorio Alfonso Quintana Cárdenas S.J. - Edificio Jorge Hoyos Vásquez S.J.
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
2:30 – 3:00 pm Registro / Check-in
3:00 – 5:00 pm Foro abierto / Open forum
- Dr. Beverly Pringle; Director of NIMH’s Center for Global Mental Health Research
- Dr. Anna Ordóñez; Deputy Director of NIMH’s Office of Clinical Research
- Dr. Deepak Tugnawat; Hub ESSENCE
- Dr. Ritu Shrivastava; Hub ESSENCE
- Dr. Komatra Chuengsatiansup; Hub PRISM
- Dr. Lawrence S. Wissow; Hub SHINE
Moderador/Moderator: Dr. Miguel Uribe; Hub DIADA
5:00 pm COT Cierre / Closing
Guiding questions for the panel discussion
In your experience: what are the contributions of research on priority GMH problems?
- What is Global in GMH
- In your experience: which are two urgent issues or questions related to GMH?
- Why do we need implementation research in GMH?
- What successful experiences would you highlight from your experience in GMH implementation?
- What are the potential negative effects of programs that bring GMH to a population level?
- Some critics say that GMH gets medicalized, thus leading to an excess of treatment and intervention. What would be your opinion?
- How does your work help to reduce inequity in mental health?
- How can GMH work on social determinants of health?
- What are the GMH priorities?