134. AQUATICS PROGRAM - Pg.
134. AQUATICS PROGRAM
The Governor Mifflin aquatics program was established to provide a wide range of aquatic experiences for all residents of the Governor Mifflin School District.
The program's three (3) major components include the regular school day instructional program (GMSD only); the after school hours instructional, intramural, recreational, and interscholastic programs; and the community program.
Its general objectives are:
- To teach as many students as possible to be water safe.
- To instill in each person an appreciation of the value and pleasure to be gained from participation in aquatic activities.
- To develop sufficient skills in each student for maximum enjoyment and reasonable safety around water.
- To develop an appreciation of the importance of safety rules and procedures in and around water.
- To develop and implement competitive swimming and diving programs.
- To develop and implement swimming and water safety programs for adults based upon their needs.
- To develop and implement a full range of recreational and intramural programs.