BETHANY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
One of the most frequently asked questions is: “What are the admission standards for Bethany Christian School?” The following guidelines have been established for admission to BCS:
- Bethany Christian School is a discipleship ministry of Bethany Church. As such, we exist to assist Christian families in the education of their children in accordance with biblical principles. Our purpose is to serve families who desire a distinctively Christian education for their children, not just a private school education. Therefore, it is important that families are in agreement with our belief that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it is the authoritative and final standard for belief and conduct including the definition of marriage and all forms of sexual activity outside of marriage.
Before applying for admission, we ask that you read our Student Handbook to determine if you are in agreement and will be able to support our statement of faith, our policies, our procedures, and our expectation for both parents and students. For any student to be considered for enrollment, parents / guardians must be in agreement with these beliefs, must be born-again Christians, and must be abiding by the biblical standard for marriage.
- Both parents should be born-again believers who regularly attend a Bible-believing, local congregation. However, under certain circumstances, a family may be admitted with only one parent being born-again. (See #8 below)
- Students under suspension or expulsion from another school or who have a history of serious behavioral problems are not eligible to enroll at BCS.
- Students must want to attend BCS.
- Students should be born-again believers. While we realize that not all students can make such an important personal decision prior to entering a particular grade.
- A pastor’s recommendation is required.
- We expect all families and students to live a life of moderation in movies, music, and dress. Furthermore, families will be encouraged to grow spiritually through their church, school sponsored seminars, and their own personal family devotions.
- Additional requirements of parents:
- If only one parent is a Christian, the non-Christian parent must be in agreement with the enrollment of the children and must sign all necessary forms.
- The family should attend church regularly.
- Family Bible reading and prayer should be a part of the normal home routine.
- The primary motive for enrollment must be for spiritual training.
Providing a Christ-centered education to prepare students for works of service.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
As a ministry of Bethany Church, the faculty and staff of Bethany Christian School hold the following truths in common. These are our affirmations of faith (an affirmation is a statement that is declared to be true):
- We affirm that there is one God, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in the persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (I John 5:4-6).
- We affirm the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory (I Cor. 15:3; I Peter 2:21-214; John 3:16).
- We affirm the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We affirm that the Holy Spirit provides one or more spiritual gifts to all believers, manifesting them as He wills. We affirm that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are operative today (Rom. 8:2-6; I Cor. 12: 7-11; John 14:11-13).
- We affirm the Bible to be the Holy Spirit-inspired, authoritative Word of God and that it is eternally reliable (II Tim. 3:16-17).
- We affirm that salvation is by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ (Eph. 2: 8-9; Rom. 6:23).
- We affirm the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:24, 28, 29).
- We affirm the one universal church, which is the body of Christ. We affirm Christ as its head. We affirm all who are born again as its members. We affirm the church’s purpose as offering worship to God, fellowship, ministry and instruction to itself, and evangelism and service to the world. We affirm the ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. We affirm the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph. 4; Eph. 5:23; Col. 1:15-18; John 3:3-8).
- We affirm water baptism by immersion for believers in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ. We affirm the importance of regular participation at the divinely instituted table of the Lord (Rom 6:1-4; I Cor. 11:23-26).
- We affirm the ministry and presence of angels and the reality of the devil and demonic forces (Ps. 91:11-12; Eph. 6:12).
- We affirm the sanctity of human life and that life begins the moment of conception (Job 33:4; Ps. 139: 13-16; Jer. 1:5).
- We affirm chastity for Christian single men and women and the sacredness of Christian marriage. We define marriage as a union between one man and one woman. (Rom. 1:24-32; I Cor. 6:9-20; Eph. 5:3-5; II Peter 2; I Thess. 4:7; Mark 10:6-9; I Cor. 7:1-2; Heb. 13:4).
- We affirm that the stripes placed upon Jesus Christ at His crucifixion provide physical healing to all who will believe and receive (Is. 53:4; Mt: 8:16-17; John 5:14; I Peter 2:24).
ENCOUNTER ♦ EQUIP ♦ ENGAGE