Our client, a private 40 M US documented boat, is looking for a Mate to join the boat very soon. There is a deckhand on board, so there is help on deck, but it is definitely a deck position with time in the wheel house. There is a total of 8 crew which is large for that sized boat. Good experience is desired. Normally the summers are spent in New England or Michigan, but this year there will be a few trips to the Keys and Bahamas and a long yard period in Fort Lauderdale. The winters are spent in Florida, with occasional trips to the Bahamas. The benefits are good, including medical insurance and 401K. They would love someone looking for a long term commitment, but will consider someone in a temporary role. When in Ft Lauderdale some of the crew go home at night if they are not on watch. Having owned boats for years the owners and their family are known to be great to work for. If you are looking for a stable program, this is a good one. Documents needed Eng 1, STCW 95, a USCG 200T or 500T best, but a 100T is acceptable. and a US Passport. Please remember that with all positions we present, we do not share wages in either direction, but will only bring you opportunities where we believe both sides will come to a happy agreement
If you are interested send your interest to Job1866@preferredcrew.com
To be considered for this position, you must meet all of the requirements in the post above.
If we have not yet had the pleasure of being introduced to you, please be aware that:
90% of our clients have yachts that are:
- Motor Yachts
- Moving (without a home base)
- Seeking Full Time Crew (not freelance or seasonal)
- Between 30 meters and 90 meters
- Require us to only consider candidates with a proven history of making commitments.
- Commercially registered (and require licenses for the Minimum Manning Document).
- Are unable to consider teams.
100% of our clients require:
- STCW Basic Training including Security
- ENG1 or other Medical Fit For Duty
- Passport that is valid and in hand.