WWII VETERANS MEMORIAL
- Welcome to all in attendance: Ed welcome everyone. Meeting called to order at 6:45pm by Ed at 1925 Eye St Bakersfield CA 93301. In attendance: Jeff Hurley, Mayde Hurley, Ed Gaede, Tim Rathbone, Dan Schaffer, Kathleen Schaffer, Walter Grainger, Jason Geis, David Williams, Paul Burzych, Jackie Sullivan
- Pledge of Allegiance: led by Ed Gaede
- Moment of Silence: Led by Ed Gaede
- Introductions: All members introduced themselves: Name, occupation. Jason presented Walter Grainger and Paul Burzych with WWII challenge coin
- Update from Mayde, Jeff & David on possible drawings for the memorial:
- David presented and discussed the following sketch:
- Walter presented and discussed his sketch and step by step guide (see attachment):
- Update from Ed on contacting the City Mgr., Christian Clegg and Assistant Director of Bakersfield Parks & Recreation Dept. for approving Jastro Park as a potential site location.
- Ed informed us that he was given a nodded approved by Assistant Director of Parks & Rec – Darin Burdak
- Jackie Sullivan provided guidance on speaking to assistants to the Director of Parks & Rec or City Manager
- Ed will work on location for next month’s meeting
- Clarification on Marc Sandall agreeing to no plane to be part of the memorial and Jastro park being a viable memorial location: Ed updated everyone that Marc and him discussed plane not be part of WWII memorial
- Presentation of a Proposed Planning and Construction Schedule by Paul Burzych. Elaboration on memorial committee focus before Preconstruction :
- Paul presented “Proposed Planning & Construction Schedule” for committee – see attachment. Emphasized that location is key to moving project along.
- Paul presented and discussed “Planning Timeline Detail” see attachment.
- Website needed / Need a bank to deposit donations / Treasurer for memorial :
- Mayde has a volunteer to create website once we have all the details together – location and design
- Bank: Jason interjection to partner with 501 3 c and recommended having member present
- New or developing sponsors : Paul assigned to all committee members to bring at next meeting a fundraising goal and/or potential sponsors.
- Questions / Suggestions / Critiques:
- Discussion of voting for board positions at next meeting
- Next meeting will be on 4/13 at 6:30pm at 1925 Eye St.
- Meeting closed at 8:30pm by Ed Gaede - second by Mayde Hurley
Minutes submitted by: _________________Print Name: Mayde Hurley
Approved by: ________________________Print Name: