Newport Middle School
If there is something on your Chromebook that is BROKEN or NOT WORKING CORRECTLY, look below for possible solutions to your issue.
If you have tried the troubleshooting suggestions under “Technology Troubleshooting” below and still have an issue use the link at the bottom of the page to put in a help desk ticket. Once you fill out a ticket a technician will contact you.
Can’t log onto a Chromebook?
Contact one of your teachers. Teachers have the authority to find your username and reset your password in PowerSchool.
If you are trying to enter just your password next to your avatar, and you are not able to log in, go to the lower left corner and log out completely. Now try to log in from the Rapid Identity prompt.
Are you being prompted to enter your old password? Click on “forgot password” and then click on “proceed anyway” and you will be prompted to sign in with your usual credentials.
Lost a charger? An option for students is to order a replacement charger that can be delivered to your home. These links will get you what you need depending on if you have a Dell or a Lenovo Chromebook:
Disk Full Error?
1. Click the control key and the H key at the same time to access your history.
2. On the left side of the screen you will see where you can clear your browsing data.
3. When you click on that you will get a box that says "Clear browsing data".
4. Make sure the time range says "All time" and that the two boxes "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files" are checked.
5. Click on "Clear data". This will remove all that "junk" from your disk that is prompting the "disk full" error.
Flash Player Blocked?
Sound issues? Make sure the sound icon in the lower right corner of your screen is not on mute. If you have speakers or headphones connected to your chromebook, check if sound works when they are disconnected.
Damaged chromebook screen or something that CAN NOT be fixed with troubleshooting help via this document and email assistance? Fill out this FORM and we will contact you to get further details.
How to take photos with Chromebook