Hideaway Lake Community Church Administrative Assistant
Human Resources Rev. March 19, 2018
Job Title: Administrative Assistant Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Supervising Pastor
Term: Days worked per yr
Days: Mon-Thur 32 Hours
To assist the Office Administrator/Pastors and Staff, answer phones and perform the functions related to general office work as outlined below.
Qualifications and experience: College graduate (preferred) or work-related experience.
Strong computer skills are imperative (word processing, database, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, etc.) Strong organizational and social skills. Comfortable with various types of social media and navigating the web. Excellent command of the English language, its composition and punctuation/grammar. Experience with church membership/accounting software and graphic design is a plus.
Ministry Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the coordination of church events (worship services, weddings, funerals, baptisms, special events, etc.) as directed by the Pastoral Staff, utilizing online tools when requested for enlistment and coordination of volunteers.
- Assist the Office Administrator/Executive Pastor in the development and ongoing utilization of ACS People Suite for tracking attendance in church programs (Sunday school, Small Groups, Bible Studies, Worship, etc.) and for keeping track of visits, new prospects, hospital visits, etc.
- Serve as receptionist, answering phone calls and receiving visitors (with cheerfulness, tact, courtesy and diplomacy) and forwarding information via email, texting, phone, etc. as requested. Screen and route in-coming calls. Provide pertinent and appropriate information to callers and visitors.
- Order office supplies and maintain reception area and office equipment.
- Assist in maintaining the church calendar, forwarding online calendar requests and maintaining website and ACS calendars.
- Pick up and distribute all mail and correspondence. Answering mail as needed/directed.
- Print and fold weekly bulletins in cooperation with Communications Coordinator. Design, print and send electronic or physical mail-outs for special events as directed.
- Keep accurate membership records (new members, baptisms, weddings, deaths, etc.) utilizing ACS to approve of online and mobile app requests for membership data changes, etc.
- Routine filing as directed.
- Support Pastoral Staff by informing them of hospitalizations, deaths, etc. and develop and maintain ACS People Suite database as requested.
- Assist the Office Administrator by paying invoices as directed, and helping with some accounting and bookkeeping.
- Make updates to the website and Facebook page as directed by the Communications Coordinator.
- Prepare weekly Power Point for the sermon if needed by Pastoral Staff.
- Prepare and/or train volunteers to prepare Easy worship (projection software) for worship services and other events and to program lighting for events in the worship center.
- Assist Staff in other projects and tasks and requested.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Manage stressful situations, frequent interruptions and changes in work priorities
- Maintain regular attendance at work
- Maintain confidentiality
- Detail-oriented personality; self-starter; professional appearance and demeanor; conscientious work ethic; teachable; willing and able to work at a fast pace.
- Occasionally lift and move items up to 25 pounds
Note – Position will be hired at 32 hours per week; this may increase to as much as 40 hours per week depending on workload.