Encounter League Rules
- No Flying Races
- No Unearthed Arcana
- 300 gold to buy any non magical items
- Contact a GM to build your character on the server or make it on yours and export
- 2 characters per player max
Magic Item Values
We will be using the adapted magic item pricing created by Saidaro. It may not be perfect, but I think it’s a heck of a lot better than SRD rules. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XAiXpOfz9cMWt1RTBicmpmUDg/view
At the end of each session, if there is any non gold loot to distribute, these rules apply.
- For each item, calculate its value (see magic item value rules)
- Players may take any item they wish. If more than one player is interested, they roll for it.
- Whichever player takes the item must immediately put its gold value into the party loot. If they do not have enough gold, they can borrow the rest from the Steel Talon Fund. They take a debt that is tracked.
- If there are any items that players do not want. The Steel Talons will take that item and put 50% of its gold value in loot. These items go in the store.
- Now divide the money in the party loot to all players
Mercenary Guild Store
- Any items the guild purchases through loot rules above will end up in the store
- Items will also periodically be added to the store (randomly or specifically)
- Store sells items at 100% value
- Store will buy any players items for 50% value
- Eventually this will be automated, but in meantime contact GM to sell or buy
- A player can not buy items if they have a debt
Magical Item Limitations
Due to potential item economy issues with this kind of game, there are some restrictions on how many magic items you can have...
- You can have # consumable items equal to your proficiency modifier. The Steel Talon mercenaries require you to donate everything above that back to their stockpiles.
- You can have a # of non-attuned, non-consumable magic items equal to ½ your proficiency modifier (rounded down)
- No trading items between characters
Encounter League Seasons
- Each season (currently planned to be monthly) will feature a new story arc with several story encounters and capstone story based lair assault
- Each season will have a level cap. PCs can not gain experience beyond the minimum xp for that level
- Players can still gain fame once they have reached level caps, but other players who have not reached level cap will always be given priority for games
Steel Talon Guild Fame
All fame earned by players will go towards the collective guild fame. When thresholds there will be global benefits. Such as new encounter league features, new fame rewards, new loot in the store, etc.
There will be 3 core types of arena fights
- Single (1 challenging encounter)
- Waves (2 or 3 encounters with no rests)
- Series (2 or 3 encounters with short rests in between)