Updated: Thursday, September 29 at 3:13 p.m.
*Check back periodically for updates.
We are closely monitoring Hurricane Dorian as it approaches Central Florida. Regularly scheduled worship services, classes and events will meet on Saturday, August 31 and Sunday, September 1. In observance of Labor Day, we will be closed on Monday, September 2—all classes and events will not meet on this day. Check back for updates on when Northland will resume normal operations.
Below are some resources for you and your family as you prepare for the storm.
Before the storm:
- Make sure your family is prepared and ready.
- Visit prepareseminole.org to make a family disaster plan.
- Proactively reach out to your neighbors (particularly if you know anyone who is elderly, mobility-impaired, disabled, has medical needs or small children, or lives in a mobile/home or RV).
- Find out who is staying and who is leaving.
- Help your neighbors put together a plan for their families and pets, clear debris, board windows, acquire/place sandbags, secure their homes.
- Offer shelter if you have room, or offer to locate a shelter and provide transportation there. If you’re aware of someone who is alone, invite them to weather the storm in your home.
After the storm:
- When the storm has passed and it is safe to venture out, be aware of downed power lines and hazards as you check in with your neighbors.
- If you are in a position to do so, offer to share resources (water, food, repair efforts).
- If there is flooding, do not attempt to cross waist-deep water.
- Visit this page (northlandchurch.net/hurricane) for up to date information.
- If you require assistance or are interested in volunteering, we will be opening and responding to opportunities after we assess the need. Please visit our home page or call our Disaster Response line at 407-949-4005.