HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY.
Happy birthday to Zach K.
Happy birthday Sunday to Camryn B.
Thank you to Emma Wahl who sang the National Anthem last night at the basketball game. Good job!!
WWG will have school on Mon., Feb. 17 to make up for the day missed on Fri., 1/17.
Earth YES is selling bracelets!! Stop by a home basketball game or contact a YES team member to get yours, and if you’re feeling festive add a charm to your bracelet to celebrate Valentine's Day. Show her that you love her as much as you love the Earth.
Donate your colorful bags to the Earth YES class! You can put your used bags in the blue container by the door, reduce pollution, and save the animals if everyone contributes one bag you can reduce microplastics in our environment today!
The Earth YES class is selling bracelets; they are a dollar each. If you buy a bracelet you will save the environment. Each year, an estimated 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide, with 97% of them being thrown away. Please help us reduce this number.
EARLY DISMISSAL- None
01. Lunch today: Hot ham & Cheese, Sun Chips, veggies, ice cream treat, fruit, milk
Breakfast Monday: Banana Bread, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Cheese bread, marinara sauce, lettuce, salad, sidekicks, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
Monday - Homeroom
Tuesday - Dynamic Reading locations
Wednesday - Homeroom or meetings. Class meetings will be held on Wed., 2/19.
Thursday - Habitudes
Friday - Study hall for 7-10th gr. in library or lunchroom.
11 & 12th permitted to arrive in time to go to P1 class at 8:47.
04. FFA NEWS:
Fri., 2/14 - FFA SMSU Ag Bowl
FFA Contest to attend Ag bowl Feb 14th. Bus leaves WB at 6:45 AM.
Make sure you are studying and getting in to see me for official dress.
Best informed Greenhand
Fish and Wildlife
Thurs., 2/20 - FFA Fish & Wildlife, Vet Sci. Contests
National FFA Week is Feb. 22-29.
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Seniors: Monday, March 2, 6:30 PM, in the Choir room, there is a meeting for you and your parents to discuss class trip.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 29- Walnut Grove Area Foundation
March 1- American Legion Aux.
March 2- MN. Soybean Processors
March 5- Legion Auxilary-Minnesota Scholarship
March 6- Redwood Elec. Coop Operation Round Up
March 9- WWG Local Scholarship
March 21- Redwood County Corn & Soybean Growers Assoc.
April 10- Technology & Trades on the Prairie
Viking CocoCola is sponsoring the Powerade Athlete of the Year. 10 students will be awarded a $1000.00 scholarship. Students are judged on leadership qualities and community involvement. Students are nominated by a faculty member at WWW.VIKINGCOCACOLA.COM. Have a staff member nominate you today!
07. ACT prep will now be held on Wednesdays and Fridays in Mrs. Dibble's room for homeroom time. Students should check in with their homeroom teachers on Wednesdays before going to ACT prep. We have 20 more videos and only 8 more weeks to get them done.
The ACT test will be held in Westbrook on TUESDAY MARCH 24 for juniors who are interested.
Yearbook students will meet in Mrs. Bonnstetter's room every other Tuesday at lunch during the school year.
Next yearbook meeting dates: 2-18-2020, and 2-25-2020!
09. SPORTS UPDATE:
10. Knowledge Bowl -
Tuesday, 2/28 Sr. High Knowledge Bowl Sub-Regionals in Worthington at 9 a.m. Bus Leaves at 8 a.m. Team Members: Dan K., Elijah M., Luke D., Zack K., Cole C., Shelby F., Brady R.
11. ACT -- The registration deadline is Feb. 28, to take the April 4, ACT test. Register online at www.actstudent.org. Our high school code is 242665. You can take the test twice free if you have free or reduced meals. Any questions stop by Mrs. Ourada's office.
12. Walnut Grove Activity Club GAME NIGHT
WALNUT GROVE COMMUNITY CENTER
Sunday, February 16, 2020
All ages are welcome.
(Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult)
13. FOUND - Another nice ring, claim by IDing to Karen.
14. Westbrook Lions are sponsoring a fundraiser for WWG Robotics at the WB Comm. Ctr. on Sun., 2/16. Serving 11:00-1:00. Pulled Pork sandwich, baked beans, chips, pickles, cookie, coffee, milk, water. Free will donation. All proceeds go to WWG Robotics.
15. Minnesota Honor Society
Candidates will be notified by Feb. 10 of their acceptance into MHS. If the decision of the committee is to be appealed, it must be done by the candidate by Feb. 14.
Practices will be Wednesdays from 3:15-5:30 in Westbrook
Luverne Speech Tournament Saturday 2/15
Bus leaves Walnut Grove 6:45 am --> Lamberton 7am --> Westbrook 7:30am
17. 7th & 8th graders who are interested in the Plum Creek Soccer League may pick up a registration form at the HS office. Registrations are due to Kristy Baker by Tues., 2/18.
18. Juniors -- Job shadow day is Wednesday, April 22, 2020.
19. Valentine Telegrams!!
Sign Up and Pay $1 to Mr. Nelson or Karen in the office by Friday. February 14, 2020
to have Dynamic Sound sing a love song to someone special.
Telegrams will be delivered Monday, February 17, 2020.
20. UPDATE -- Spring Play:
Waiting for Mrs. Kletscher to return, then we’ll reschedule.
21. Arby’s Roast Beef feed at GB game at Adrian on Fri., 2/14. 5:00 pm until gone.
22. FCA will meet in Mrs. Byers' room for lunch February 19th. Our super-cool area director Robin will be visiting us, so come enjoy your lunch while meeting her! Also keep in mind we are going ice skating in Worthington Sunday, February 23. Everyone is welcome!
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
Fri., 2/14 - Youth Wrestling Tournament in WG, 6:00 PM.
Sat., 2/15 - 6th gr. Boys; basketball tourney at WB, 8:00.
Sun., 2/16 - Open Gym at WB & WG, 1:00-3:00 PM. 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or older sibling.
Little Kid’s Gym at WB, 3:00-5:00
Fri., 2/21 - Social and Emotional Learning Training, 6:00 PM, WWG HS cafeteria
Sun., 2/23 - Open Gym at WB & WG, 1:00-3:00 PM. 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or older sibling.
Little Kid’s Gym at WB, 3:00-5:00
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Fri., 2/14 - GB at Adrian, 6:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:20.
BB at Lamberton-C, B & Vars., 5:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:00.
Sat., 2/15 - WR Team Sections at Lamberton, 12:30 & 2:30.
Speech at Luverne. Bus leaves WG at 6:45 AM, WB at 7:30 AM.
Mon., 2/17 - GB at Edgerton, 6:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:20.
Tues., 2/18 - SH Spring Play practice begins.
BB at Fulda, 5:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:00.
Fri., 2/21 - BB, MLA at WB, 5:00. Pep Band plays. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Student Council, Conc. supervisor-Dibble.
WR Ind. Sections at Canby. Van leaves WB at 12:25.
Sat., 2/22 - Speech at Adrian.
GB Sections. WWG vs SWC at Worthington, 2:30. Bus leaves WB at 11:30 AM.
WR Ind. Sections at Canby. Wrestlers drive themselves.