Patriot Outdoor Track & Field 2023: All the Important Info!
Prior to Participation
In order to participate, the student athlete and parent/guardian must complete the Planet HS account & be approved before attending any sessions. For your awareness, there is a new sports physical form from the NCHSAA. Be sure all physicals are completed on this form.
You can find the NCHSAA Physical form HERE
The Planet HS website is HERE
Official Season Practice Schedule
Official Season: Our official tryout period will be Feb 22, 23, and 24. We promptly begin at 4 pm, and end at 6.
Season Schedule PHS Outdoor Track & Field
PINECREST OUTDOOR TRACK & FIELD
2023 SPRING SEASON (As of 4/21/2023)
Feb 22 First Official Practice (Tryouts 22, 23, and 24 February)
Feb 28 Parent/Athlete Season Meeting, 5:30 pm (Stadium Bleachers)
Mar 9 SAC Meet # 1 @ Hoke, 5 pm
Mar 11 Alston Tyre Relays @ Southeast Guilford, Time TBD
Mar 16 SAC Meet # 2 @ UPHS, 5 pm
Mar 18 BACK THE PAC Fundraiser (6 pm, Fair Barn, Adults by ticket only)
Mar 23 SAC Meet #3 @ Scotland, 5 pm
Mar 24 Athens Drive Friday Night Lights @ Athens Drive, 4pm
Mar 30 SAC Meet #4 @ UPHS, 5 pm
Apr 1 Union Pines Viking Relays, @ UPHS, 9 am
Apr 3-7 Spring Break Begins (Apr 3 - 7)
Apr 13 SAC Meet #5 @ Southern Lee HS, 5 pm
Apr 15 Apex Relays, Apex HS, 9 am
Apr 20 SAC Meet #6 @ Hoke HS, 5 pm
Apr 27 SAC Meet #7 @ Hoke, 4 pm
May 1 SAC Conference Championship, @ UP, 5 pm (Pole Vault Only)
May 2 SAC Conference Championship Day 1 @ Southern Lee HS, 5 pm
May 3 SAC Conference Championship Day 2 @ Southern Lee HS, 5 pm
May 13 4A MidEast Regional Meet, @ Green Level HS, 9 am
May 16 Track & Field Senior Night & Team Award Reception (PHS Cafeteria, 6:30 pm)
May 20 4A State Championship Meet @ NC A & T, 9 am
To join our Athlete and/or Parent Remind Group, please text your name and cell number to:
Coach Tami Devine (910) 691-2588 (Women’s Team Sign Up)
Coach Mike Devine (910) 691-2589 (Men’s Team Sign Up)
*This is key to staying informed. This is how we communicate, and share announcements on a daily basis.
Pinecrest Dual Athlete Form (2 PHS Teams Both in Season)
Pinecrest Team/Non-School Team Form
Qualification for Championship Events
- Coaches determine participation based on performance marks, practice and meet participation, graduating class, sportsmanship and optimization for team competition. This is not a prioritized list. This includes relay team composition which may be adjusted anytime at coaches discretion. There are 4 entries per event per school.
- Individual participation is granted to athletes who attain the minimum performance mark established by the NCHSAA up to 16 athletes per region. If more than 16 qualify, then all will be approved (Not more than 3/team allowed).
- If less than 16 athletes attain the min performance mark, then the top 16 entries (based on performance) will be approved for participation (Not more than 3/team allowed).
- Athletes must finish in the top 4 of their respective event at the Regional Championship to qualify for participation. Other performance marks do not apply.
Common Rules / Procedures Reminders:
- At no time may electronics be used inside the competitive area (INCL earbuds/airpods)
- Athletes may NEVER warm up for field events in the competition areas unless a coach or official is present.
- Athletes may not run backwards on any competitive surface (track or runway) in preparation for competition.
- When the Track is 'Closed' to prepare for the start of the meet, athletes must exit the track immediately.
- At most meets the infield is closed during competition to anyone not checking in, warming up, competing in an event, coaches, meet officials or administrators, medical or law enforcement personnel.
- Athletes must remain in uniform inside the Competitive Area at all times.
- Athletes may not lift or modify uniforms so as to reveal bare midriff in competitive areas.
- Relay team uniforms must be consistent between athletes in marking, color, markings so as to be clear to officials which team they belong to.
Checking-in / Checking-out
- Athletes MUST check-in to field events at the designated time.
- Athletes MUST check-out in order to participate in other events.
- Athletes must check back into the event they checked out of w/in 10 minutes of event completion.
- Failure to show for an event results in disqualification of the athlete for the remainder of the meet (incl relays).
- Unless scratched from an event by the Head Coach, athletes MUST check-in and participate in their event(s).
- First Call = 15- 20 min before event - Athlete should make final preparations and go to check-in with the clerk of meet.
- Second Call = 10-15 min before event - Athlete should be checked-in or in line to be checked-in
- Third /Final Call = 5-10 min before event= Athletes should be checked in and assembled for initiation of the event.
Outdoor Track & Field Coaching Staff
Women’s Head Coach
Coach John Buchholz
Men’s Head Coach
Coach Mike Devine
Coach Tami Devine
Coach Mel Watson
Coach Mark Finney
Coach Sean Willix
Coach William Johnson
Coach Sam Cole
Coach Ed Kelly
Coach Doug Leavy
Coach Tiasia Threadgill
Coach Thomas McDow