2020 WORLD LANGUAGES
TEACHER OF THE YEAR
The Greater Washington Association of Teachers of Foreign Language is proud to announce the World Languages Teacher of the Year competition. The recipient will receive a gift, a personalized award, and will be recognized at a “Teacher of the Year” Celebration.
The award has been developed to honor the field of language teaching in the Washington, D.C. area. It also offers opportunities to increase the visibility of the importance of learning languages and cultures.
PROCESS OF APPLICATION:
The World Languages Teacher of the Year process begins with the submission of the requirements for Phase I. GWATFL encourages broad participation and will review sufficient evidence from candidates of their teaching accomplishments and ability to represent the language profession.
Nominee Requirements for GWATFL World Languages Teacher of the Year
1. Must be a GWATFL member. (Must have attended at least one GWATFL Conference in the years 2018-2019)
2. The recipient must be willing to meet all of the criteria and to fulfill all of the duties described throughout this document.
3. The nominee must submit the following:
1. Nominees will submit the required documents as stated in the Nominee Requirements by December 13, 2019.
All materials submitted to GWATFL must be shared with firstname.lastname@example.org via Google Drive. Please do not mail or email your materials.
Please contact us for details and guidelines on sharing your portfolio.
Nominees failing to meet the deadlines or requirements will be disqualified — all documents must be RECEIVED by December 13, 2019.
2. The winner will be notified by December 18, 2019 and will be formally recognized at the GWATFL Spring event.
Download the Application Process and Submission Procedures for GWATFL Teacher of the Year here: