500 N. Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Ready Made Resources for
Rowan-Salisbury Schools, a Teacher and School Leader (TSL) Grant
RFP Issued: December 1, 2020
Response Due: December 18, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Project Evaluation Services
Rowan-Salisbury Schools is requesting proposals from qualified licensed firms for ready-made lesson plans that promote problem-based learning in the Accelerate Rowan grant, a Teacher and School Leader (TSL) grant.
- General Information
Submittal of Proposal
- Information should be verified before submissions. Adjustments will not be permitted after submission to the District. The District will not be responsible for errors or omissions on the part of the organizations in preparation of the proposals.
- Submissions should be sent to:
Jason Gardner, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
- Questions about the RFP, its content, format or any other questions must be submitted in writing to Jason Gardner, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction by December 11, 2020.
- All Proposals must be signed by an authorized officer of the firms submitting the proposals.
Rights of the District
- The District, in its discretion, may conduct personal interviews of any firm submitting an RFP. The successful firm or firms will be required to enter into an Agreement between the District and the Firm. The form of agreement for requested services shall be substantially in the form of the district’s standard agreement for services.
- All content, processes, products, programs, and all other resources developed by the firm for the purpose of this RFP, shall be the property of Rowan-Salisbury Schools.
- The RFP is not a low-bid price competition; instead proposals shall be evaluated in accordance with the Evaluation Criteria stated in this RFP.
- The District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals.
Deadline for Submittal
- Scope of Work
- Responses received from this Request for Proposals will be used by the District to select the firm to provide services to the District in accordance with the scope of work identified in this RFP.
- Work with Rowan-Salisbury Schools Teacher and School Leader Grant District Leadership Team to provide ready made resources for teachers that will promote the use of problem-based learning in the classroom.
Summary of Specific Services/Products and actual Deliverables
- Provide a robust collection of ready-made lesson plans that can be utilized by teachers to create/develop problem-based learning in the classroom.
- Resources should promote problem-based learning with rigorous lessons that are interdisciplinary in nature for grades K-12.
- Provide or be willing to create a crosswalk document to clarify lesson alignment to RSS fundamental standards.
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff to promote effective use of resources.
- Provide a digital platform to house resources that integrates with district technology when applicable.
- Be available to support implementation questions as they arise.
Contents Of Proposal For Selection Committee
All proposals shall address the following items, in the order listed below and shall be numbered A through F in the proposal document.
- Description of Firm – Provide background information regarding the size, location, work history, and organization of the firm.
- Experience Relative to District Needs – Provide a detailed summary of the experience of the firm including a list of similar projects completed within the last five years.
- Qualifications of Firm’s Personnel – Identify all project personnel, organizational relationships, and provide a resume of qualifications and project related experience.
- Fees – Proposals shall include the firm’s fee schedule, and pricing shall be inclusive of all costs.
- Timeline - Provide schedule of delivery of services/products
- Other - Each firm is encouraged to provide any additional information
or description of resources the firm feels is pertinent to this RFP.
- Selection Criteria
- Experience and Training: Project personnel resumes.
- Proven track record of services related to the RFP scope of work.
- Previous work history with Rowan-Salisbury Schools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Problem Based Learning and lessons that promote Problem Based Learning in schools.
- Ability to align resources to RSS fundamental standards (linked above).
- Understanding and commitment to Rowan-Salisbury Schools’ Renewal School System Legislation and Directional System.
The District Superintendent will appoint a selection committee to review the RFPs and make a recommendation to the School Board.