DOROTHYMAP TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last updated: July 5, 2020
These Terms & Conditions (the “Terms”) govern the relationship between Dorothy, Inc. (hereinafter, “Dorothy,” “us,” or “we”) and you regarding your use of the website at www.dorothymap.com and the services provided through such website (collectively the “Service”). The Service is owned and operated by Dorothy.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – THESE TERMS CREATE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT WHICH GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE APPLICATION. BY CREATING AN ACCOUNT (AS DEFINED BELOW) OR BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THESE TERMS, YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM USING THE SERVICE.
- Basic Rules and Rights We Are Granting.
License Grant For Application. Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms and any other relevant Dorothy policies, Dorothy grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited right and license to access and use the Service. As used in these Terms, “User” means someone who is authorized to use the Service, “Other User” means another licensee or user of the Service; and “All Users” means you and all Other Users.
- Minimum Age Requirement For Users Who Are Individuals. If a User is an individual, a User may only use the Service if such User is at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you represent that you have received permission from a parent or guardian to enter into these Terms.
- Accounts and Access. The Service may provide certain information or certain features of the Service may only be available to you if an account is set up and if that is the case, You must register for an account through the Service (an “Account”). You may only register for one Account. An “Account Holder” means the person or entity in whose name an Account is registered. A “Third Party Account” means an Account not registered by you.
- Use of the Service: The following restrictions apply to the use of the Service:
- You shall not engage in any act that Dorothy deems to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Service, including but not limited to circumventing or manipulating these Terms;
- You may not use the Service in connection with any violation of any applicable law or regulation, or do anything that promotes the violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- You accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Service by individuals or entities not authorized to use any of your Accounts.
- You shall not create an Account using a false identity or false information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself;
- Without first obtaining the written permission of Dorothy, you shall not register for an Account or in any way use the Service if Dorothy has removed, suspended, or otherwise terminated any Account registered by you, or on behalf of you or if Dorothy has notified you that you may not use the Service;
- You shall not use your Account to advertise, solicit or transmit any chain letters, junk email or repetitive messages to anyone;
- You shall not use the Service to engage in any illegal conduct;
- You shall not rent, lease, sell, trade, gift, bequeath or otherwise transfer your Account to anyone without Dorothy’s written permission;
- You shall not reproduce, distribute or publicly display any content you access through the Service unless such content is clearly marked as “public” and you have been given the right to view such content; and
- You shall not do anything with any content you access through the Service that has been marked with restrictions or other instructions that is counter to such restrictions or other instructions.
- Account Information and Management.
- Login Information. During the Account creation process, you will be required to select a username and password (“Login Information”). The following rules govern the security of your Login Information:
- You shall not share the Account or the Login Information, nor let anyone else access your Account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account except that a Principal User may allow an assistant or other agent acting on behalf of Principal User to use an Account on behalf of a Principal User and solely with the permission of Principal User;
- In the event you become aware of, or reasonably suspect, any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify Dorothy and change the password on your Account;
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information, whether or not authorized by you; and
- You are responsible for anything that happens through your Account.
- License and Account Limitations and Prohibitions.
- General Effects of Violations. Any use of the Service in violation of these Terms is strictly prohibited, can result in the immediate revocation of your limited license granted by Section 1, and may subject you to liability for violations of law.
- Activity Prohibitions Regarding Use of Account. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances use your Account or otherwise to do or assist in any of the following activities:
- Modify or cause to be modified any files or content that are used to offer the Service, without the express prior written consent of Dorothy;
Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (1) any computer or server used to offer or support the Service (each a “Server”) or (2) the use or enjoyment of the Service by any other person;
- Institute, assist or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Service, or other attempts to disrupt the Service or any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Service;
- Gain, or attempt to gain, unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts, Servers or networks connected to the Service by any means (including, but not limited to, circumventing or modifying, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device or software that is part of the Service);
- Post any content that is abusive, threatening, incites or promotes terrorism, promotes the production or use of weapons that cause substantial harm, obscene, defamatory, libelous or racially, sexually, religiously or otherwise objectionable or offensive;
- Post any content that contains what we reasonably deem to be excessive violence or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content;
- Harass, abuse, harm, bully, intimidate or advocate, threaten or incite harassment, bullying, intimidation, abuse or harm of another person or group of persons, including Dorothy employees or customer service representatives;
- Post, distribute or make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity or other right of any person or entity or impersonates any other person;
- Transmit unauthorized communications through the Service, including junk mail, chain letters, spam and any materials that promote malware, spyware and downloadable items;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service or connect to or use the Service in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- Intercept, examine or otherwise observe any proprietary communications protocol used by a client, a Server or the Service, whether through the use of a network analyzer, packet sniffer or other device;
- Make any automated use of the Service or take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, as we determine in our sole discretion;
- Bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service or use any software, technology or device to send content or messages, scrape, spider or crawl the Service, or harvest or manipulate data from, through, or relating to the Service;
- Use, facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Service, including without limitation (1) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, any part of the Service or (2) any connection using programs, tools or software not expressly approved in writing by Dorothy;
- Solicit or attempt to solicit personal information from Other Users;
- Collect, harvest or post anyone’s private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image, video, or other form), identification documents or financial information through the Service; or
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit), without Dorothy’ express written permission, any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware,” “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
Suspension and Termination of Account and Service:
FAILURE TO COMPLY. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER REMEDIES, WE MAY, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, LIMIT, SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT OR YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OR PORTIONS THEREOF IF, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, YOUR RIGHTS TO RECEIVE SERVICE OR USE APPLICATION ARE EXPIRED OR BECOME TERMINATED OR YOUR ACCOUNT IS USED FOR ACTUAL OR SUSPECTED ILLEGAL ACTIVITY OR IMPROPER USE OF THE SERVICE. DOROTHY SHALL BE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR ADVERSE RESULTS THAT ARE DUE TO THE SUSPENSION, TERMINATION, MODIFICATION, OR DELETION OF YOUR OR ANY ACCOUNT.
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER REMEDIES, WE MAY LIMIT, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE SERVICE AND ACCOUNTS OR PORTIONS THEREOF, PROHIBIT ACCESS TO OUR SITES AND THEIR CONTENT, SERVICES AND TOOLS, DELAY OR REMOVE ANY CONTENT AND TAKE TECHNICAL AND LEGAL STEPS TO PREVENT USERS FROM ACCESSING THE SERVICE IF WE BELIEVE THAT SUCH USERS ARE CREATING RISK OR POSSIBLE LEGAL LIABILITIES, INFRINGING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES OR ACTING INCONSISTENTLY WITH THE LETTER OR SPIRIT OF OUR TERMS OR POLICIES.
REPEAT INFRINGERS. IN APPROPRIATE CIRCUMSTANCES IT IS OUR POLICY TO SUSPEND OR TERMINATE ACCOUNTS OF USERS WHO ARE REPEAT INFRINGERS OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- Right to Cease Service. Dorothy reserves the right to stop offering the Service or part of the Service at any time if Dorothy believes that the continued offering of the Service or part of the Service will or may cause harm to Dorothy or you or may result in any violation of applicable law by either Dorothy or you. If Dorothy elects to stop offering and/or support the Service or part of the Service, the license granted hereunder to you to use the Service or a part thereof will automatically terminate. Your rights to use the Service exist only so long as you are a client of Dorothy and upon ceasing to be a client of Dorothy, we may terminate your Account or your rights to use Service.
- Termination of Account. Termination of your Account can include disabling your access to the Service or any part thereof. You agree that if your Account is terminated, Dorothy will not be obligated to preserve, provide you access to, or provide copies of any content submitted to the Service relating to your Account, whether by you or an Other User.
- Cancellation of Account. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com and including the words “Cancel Account” in the subject line.
- Intellectual Property Ownership in the Service. The Service, and all of its related components and contents, (including without limitation, the Application, any computer code, template content, pre-populated content, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects and text contained within) is owned by Dorothy or its licensors, and all of which material is protected by United States and international patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You agree not to engage in any reverse engineering, de-compiling or other activities designed to view the source code for the Application and are prohibited from reverse engineering, de-compiling or otherwise engaging in activities designed to view the source code for the Application.
Your Content and Communications.
Posted Content. “Posted Content” means any communications, videos, images, sounds, and all the material, text, drawings, writings, data, and information that you upload, post, publish or transmit through the Service. We may take actions based upon Posted Content including instructions provided within Posted Content but we may also take actions to verify with you that such instructions were truly your intent or to clarify such instructions. You acknowledge that we may reach out to you at anytime regarding any Posted Content before we take action and that you will not assume that any actions were taken by us based upon any Posted Content unless you receive confirmation that such actions are being taken by us.
Template Content. We may provide you with templates, pre-populated communications, or other content through the Service (“Template Content”) that you may use or modify as part of using our Service to produce Posted Content. You acknowledge that your use of any Template Content does not relieve you of any responsibilities or obligations under this Agreement and that your rights in Posted Content are by license only and limited to the rights to reproduce and modify such Template Content in order to create your own Posted Content.
Obligations Regarding Content. By transmitting or submitting any Posted Content while using the Service, you affirm, represent and warrant that such transmission or submission (a) is accurate and not confidential; (b) not in violation of any applicable law, contractual restrictions or other third party rights, and that you have permission from any third party whose personal information or intellectual property is comprised in the Posted Content; (c) along with the exercise of the rights by Dorothy granted in Section 2.4, will not result in any infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third party or violate or misappropriate any rights of publicity or privacy for any third party; and (d) is free of viruses, adware, spyware, worms or other malicious code. You further represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to transmit Posted Content to Dorothy and to grant the rights in Posted Content granted to Dorothy under these Terms.
- Content Screening.
- Consent to Monitoring. By entering into these Terms, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to our monitoring and recording of your use of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any information, including without limitation chat, text or voice communications.
- Options Regarding Content. Dorothy may reject, refuse to post or delete any content you submit for use or processing by or through the Service for any or no reason, including, but not limited to for the reason, in the sole judgment of Dorothy, that such content or the posting of any particular content violates these Terms.
- Our Content. We may display content for your viewing as part of providing the Service including by way of example, communication materials (all such content is “Dorothy Content”). You agree that all Dorothy Content is confidential information of Dorothy and you agree not to publicly display or disclose any Dorothy Content. You acknowledge that the Application may delete certain Dorothy Content after a certain period of time.
- Use of Account. You are solely responsible any actions taken through your Account by your advisors or agents who you allow to use and access your Account. You acknowledge that Dorothy has various policies in place regarding use of the Service that are intended to promote a respectful environment for all Users such as but not necessarily limited to policies regarding how you submit content and data to Dorothy (“User Policies”). Current copies of User Policies are available for review at www.dorothymap.com /userpolicies and you agree to always abide by User Policies.
Analysis Data and Warnings.
Sources and Underlying Data. For those Services where we provide data (“Analysis Data”) about the geographic area specified by you (“User Specified Area”) by analyzing data about User Specified Area using our proprietary techniques. THE NATURE OF ANALYSIS DATA IS THAT IT CANNOT BE PERFECT OR COMPLETELY ACCURATE. We rely upon sources of information that we did not collect and that were provided by others. ALL ANALYSIS DATA SHOULD BE ANALYZED IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER INFORMATION AND CANNOT BE USED TO MAKE PERFECT PREDICTIONS ABOUT RISK PROFILES. ALL USE OF ANALYSIS DATA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limits on Use and Disclosure of Analysis Data. You explicitly agree not to disclose, distribute or provide further analysis of Analysis Data to others.
- Notices and Security.
Third Party Notices. We may be required to provide you with certain notices and content in connection with your use of the Service. You agree that we may provide you with such notices and content by either emailing you such notices to the email address that we have on file for you or by providing you with a link to a website where such notices and content will be posted.
Deletion of Certain Content. Information provided by Dorothy through the Service may be inaccessible after a set time period and you may not be able to view such information after deletion.
Security Measures. You acknowledge that your ability to log in or access Accounts or other information offered through the Service may require that you comply with security measures such as multi factor authentication. We may choose to delete information from your Account and take security measures to limit access to your Account or the Service as part of Company taking security measures.
- Third Party Advertising.
- Links to Third Party Sites and Dealings with Advertisers. Dorothy may provide links on the Service to third party websites or vendors who may invite you to participate in a promotional offer in return for receiving a benefit. Any charges or obligations you incur in your dealings with these third parties are your responsibility. Dorothy makes no representation or warranty regarding any content, goods, or services provided by any third party even if linked from our Service, and we will not be liable for any claim relating to any third party content, goods, or services. The linked sites are not under the control of Dorothy and may collect data or solicit personal information from you. Dorothy is not responsible for their content, business practices or privacy policies, or for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those sites may collect. Further, the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Dorothy of these linked sites.
- Seeking to Take Down Infringing Content. It is Dorothy’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). For more information, please go to Dorothy’s “Copyright Page” to review our DMCA procedures. Dorothy reserves the right to terminate without notice any user’s access to the Service if that user is determined by Dorothy to be a “repeat infringer.” In addition, Dorothy accommodates and does not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials.
- Updates to the Service. You understand that the Service undergoes frequent changes. Dorothy may require that you accept updates to the Service in order to continue using the Service. You acknowledge and agree that Dorothy may update the Service without notifying you.
- Disclaimer; Limitations; Waivers on Liability; Indemnification.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
- SERVICE PROVIDED “AS IS”. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (EXCEPT ONLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW WITH ANY LEGALLY REQUIRED WARRANTY PERIOD THE SHORTER OF THIRTY (30) CALENDAR DAYS FROM FIRST USE OR THE MINIMUM PERIOD REQUIRED).
- NO WARRANTY OF ERROR-FREE OPERATION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER DOROTHY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, OR ANY OF THEIR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, DISTRIBUTORS, LICENSEES OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, “DOROTHY PARTIES”) WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
- NO WARRANTY REGARDING ACCESS TO ACCOUNTS AND CONTENT. DOROTHY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL ALWAYS BE PREVENTED FROM VIEWING INFORMATION OR CONTENT THAT THE SERVICE INTENDED TO NOT BE AVAILABLE TO SUCH INDIVIDUAL. DOROTHY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ALL CONTENT OR INFORMATION POSTED BY AN ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES OR WILL NEVER BE DELETED, CORRUPTED OR OTHERWISE UNAVAILABLE. DOROTHY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE, ACCOUNT HOLDER INFORMATION OR ANY INFORMATION POSTED BY AN ACCOUNT HOLDER, INCLUDING A SELLER, WILL BE KEPT FROM ANY PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL WHO EITHER HACKS OR ENGAGES IN UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO SUCH CONTENT OR INFORMATION OR IS MISTAKENLY GRANTED ACCESS BY DOROTHY OR THROUGH THE SERVICE.
- Limitations; Waivers of Liability.
- DISCLAIMER OF INDIRECT DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY ANY APPLICABLE LAW, THE DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY CONTAINED HEREIN APPLY TO ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURY WHATSOEVER CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE UNDER ANY CAUSE OR ACTION WHATSOEVER OF ANY JURISDICTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ACTIONS FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) AND THAT THE DOROTHY PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE.
- NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIRD PARTY CONDUCT. YOU FURTHER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE DOROTHY PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO SEEK TO HOLD THE DOROTHY PARTIES LIABLE, FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OTHER ACCOUNT HOLDERS OR USERS OF THE SERVICE AND OPERATORS OF EXTERNAL SITES, AND THAT THE RISK OF THE SERVICE AND EXTERNAL SITES AND OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- MONETARY LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE DOROTHY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID DOROTHY IN THE ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY (180) CALENDAR DAYS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM.
- FAILURE TO PAY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID DOROTHY ANY AMOUNTS IN THE ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY (180) CALENDAR DAYS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH DOROTHY IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
- DISCLAIMER MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THE SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, save, and hold the Dorothy Parties harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of your use or misuse of the Service, any violation by you of these Terms or any breach of the representations, warranties and covenants made by you herein. Dorothy reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify Dorothy and you agree to cooperate with Dorothy’ defense of these claims. Dorothy will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it. You agree that the provisions in this paragraph will survive any termination of your Account or of the Service.
- General Provisions.
- Assignment. Dorothy may assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time without your consent. You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Terms without the prior written consent of Dorothy; any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 9.3 is void.
- Supplemental Policies. Dorothy may publish additional policies related to specific services such as forums, contests, loyalty programs and other features and services. You acknowledge that we may email such additional policies to you at the email address you have provided us for use in conjunction with the Service and that you will regularly check such email. Your use, if any, of such services is subject to such specific policies and these Terms.
Attn: Notices Administrator
- Equitable Remedies. You acknowledge that the rights granted and obligations made under these Terms to Dorothy are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm Dorothy and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone, so that Dorothy shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety or proof of damages) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Service or any content or other material used or displayed through the Service.
- Force Majeure. Dorothy shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Dorothy, including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond Dorothy’ control, such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
 At this point, there’s no real services I think through the website but based on what we saw on the site now, it seems like this could come in the future.
 The definition of “All Users” and “Other Users” becomes particularly important when there are users interacting with each other through the service like an Uber, eBay, etc.
 There’s no reason not to set this at age 18 unless you have something geared towards kids. It makes things a lot easier as far as privacy law compliance.
 This language is important because users sometimes make the argument that they have come to “rely” upon a service and that the service cannot be terminated without sufficient warning, etc.
 This provision is important to defeat any violation of privacy type claims.
 For those sites or apps where some of the Company content is meant for limited sets of eyes, this provision is helpful. Here, I think it makes sense to include. I think one of our main concerns was people passing the information on to others cutting us out.
 This provision is more applicable if the Service involves Company providing “up to date” data like stock quotes, etc. The idea is that we put the user on notice that the data can be deleted.
 This is applicable if the user is posting data for other users to see. So this becomes relevant if the service is something like a social media app or a messaging app. The Digital Millenium Copyright Act provides a safe harbor for the website/app provider to be shielded from contributory copyright infringement claims.
 This is useful to the extent that the service provider must make sure that new versions of an app are used if there is a time in the future when there is an app associated with your service. It is less necessary if there is only a website involved.
 These updating provisions are very important because as a practical matter, terms need to get updated to account for changes in the business, updates to the law or mistakes in previous drafts. I believe this updating mechanism is the most enforceable. Other website terms simply state that the company can update the terms at any time. This has been struck down by at least one court as essentially an illusory contract since the user has no opportunity to practically “opt out” of the changes.