Dear Parents and Families,
Thank you for taking the time to read this Parent and Family Engagement Plan Summary. Below are brief summaries of how your child’s school plans to support parent and family engagement, as well as how the Cedarville School District will support schools, parents, and families. Engaging parents in the education process is essential to improved academic success for students. Education is a responsibility shared by the school and the family throughout the student’s school career in our district.Cedarville Schools will foster and support active parent and family engagement so that schools and parents work together as partners in educating children.
Thank you for your ongoing support!
#PPRD (Pirate Pride Runs Deep)
Cedarville Middle School Parent and Family Engagement (PAFE) Plan will: *Click this link to view the entire CMS PAFE Plan
- Involve an adequate representation of parents, or establish a parent advisory board to represent families, in developing and evaluating the “School Parent and Family Engagement Policy” that describes how the school will carry out its required family engagement activities.
- Hold an annual meeting for families to explain the Title I program and the rights of parents to be involved.
- Offer other parent workshops at flexible times.
- Use Title I funds to support parent and family engagement and involve parents in deciding how these funds are used.
- Involve parents in the planning, review, and improvement of the Title I program.
- Develop a school-parent compact that outlines how parents, students, and school staff will share the responsibility for improving student achievement.
- Offer assistance to parents in understanding the education system and the state standards, and how to support their children’s achievement
- Provide materials and training to help parents support their child’s learning at home.
- Educate teachers and other school staff, including school leaders, how to engage families effectively Coordinate with other federal and state programs, including preschool programs.
- Provide information in a format and language parents can understand, and offer information in other languages as feasible.
Cedarville School District Parent and Family Engagement (PAFE) Plan will: *Click this link to view the entire District PAFE Plan
- Involve parents and family members in developing the district plan.
- Provide the support necessary to assist and build the capacity of all participating schools within the district in planning and implementing effective parent and family involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
- Coordinate and integrate parent and family engagement strategies with other Federal, State, and local programs.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parent and family engagement policy in improving the academic quality of all schools, including identifying barriers to greater participation by parents in activities, specifically families who are economically disadvantaged, are disabled, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy, or are of any racial or ethnic minority background; the needs of parents and family members to assist with the learning of their children, including engaging with school personnel and teachers; and strategies to support successful school and family interactions.
- Design evidence-based strategies for more effective parental involvement, and to revise, if necessary, the parent and family engagement policies.
- Involve parents in the activities of the schools, which may include establishing a parent advisory board agency for the purposes of developing, revising, and reviewing the parent and family engagement policy.
If you would like to receive a full copy of the school and district Parent and Family Engagement Plan, please see the different options below.
Cedarville Middle School Phone: (479) 474-5847 Address: 9614 Pirates Point, Cedarville, AR 72932