Transportation schedule and instructions for 2018 NFBC Convention – October 25-28, 2018
The National Federation of the Blind of California is providing transportation to and from this year’s convention via a private charter bus. In order to utilize this transportation option you MUST be pre-registered for convention. Those not registered for convention will not be permitted to ride the bus either direction. The $5 transportation fee is denoted on the registration form online at http://ulwxastpyh.formstack.com/forms/2018_nfbc_state_convention_preregistration_form
Please be aware that the time schedule is based on distance from point to point, and therefore may vary marginally. There is contact information at the bottom of the schedule to get specific updated information about arrival times on the day(s) of travel ONLY. Please direct all other questions pertaining to convention transportation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purposes of maintaining as close to the schedule as possible please keep the following in mind
· Make sure your luggage is identifiable to you and distinguishable by the driver (it is a good idea to have both printed as well as non-visual identifiers). This helps save time.
· Please remember that arrival times at route stops are best estimations. Arrive at the stop prior to the scheduled arrival time. However, if the bus is not there at the exact time estimated please allow for a little time before you contact the transportation contact listed below.
· If you are riding the bus only one way. Please notify the transportation contact when you board the bus.
· Food and or meal stops are not scheduled, please bring a sack lunch and or snacks and beverages.
· On Sunday, please have checked out of your room prior to the meeting. Buses will depart immediately after adjournment of meeting on Sunday October 28th. The hotel front desk will hold your bags at concierge if necessary.
The bus will pick up at the following locations on Thursday, October 25, 2018 and drop off at the same stops on the return trip, Sunday, October 28, 2018:
6:00 AM Redding Stop-
Kmart parking lot, 2685 Hilltop Drive, Redding, CA 96002
8:30 AM Sacramento Stop-
Amtrak Sacramento Station, 401 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Please go through the train station out the back doors then turn left and wait for the Bus where all busses pull in.
10:00 AM Stockton Stop-
Walmart Super Center, 10355 Trinity Parkway, Stockton, CA 95219
12:00 PM (noon) Bay Area Stop-
Ed Roberts/Ashby Berkeley BART station, 3075 Adeline St, Berkeley, CA 94703
Please meet in front of the main entrance doors to the Ed Roberts lobby.
5:00 PM Bakersfield Stop-
Macy’s Shopping Center, 2601 Ming Ave. Bakersfield, CA 93304
7:00 PM Los Angeles Destination-
LAX Marriott, 5855 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
Transportation contact (on day(s) of travel ONLY)