Time Saving Web Tools
- Peter Panico (NC) Viewpure - quick way to purify youtube videos to make them safer for the classroom
- Kati Searcy Also Safe Share TV https://safeshare.tv/
- Pamela Inabinett (NC)Love Google Keep....been keeping my 'to do' list Doable!
- Rachael Brown Using boomerang to schedule my emails huge help as an admin also love If this than that app lets you get two things done at once
- Hugh McDonald (BC, Canada) If this than that… IFTTT by IFTTT
- Joel Birch @joelbirch - Actual super useful, connecting all the like/fave/save buttons across my socials to my Diigo bookmarks. Everything ends up in the one spot.
Time Saving Key Commands
- Jeannine Shields (NY) Teachers are always astounded when I remind them that Ctrl + Z works in so many applications. So simple. So effective.
- Wendy Norton Ctrl C Ctrl V helps copy paste so much faster
- Candace Townsley I used to teach my 4th & 5th graders that it's copy and VELCRO. This kept them from printing by using Ctrl P for "Paste"
- Laura Dawes Function F7 is your friend when you can't see your laptop after attaching it to the SmartBoard.
- Lindsay Foster (TX) F11 puts screen in Full Screen Mode OR takes it OUT of Full Screen Mode. :)
- Lindsay Foster (TX) Oh and for Chromebooks and other student devices that have rotated screens: Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow until the screen is turned back to right side up. :)
- Howard Martin (Austin, TX) Mac accessibility for Ctrl+zoom parts of screen. Absolute MUST when presenting web or tech-how-to to audience
- Carrie Willis Screenshot selection on a Mac command+shift+4
- Julia Elfred (UK)Probably not innovative enough, but I use Windows key / left arrow and right arrow (to see two windows side by side) a lot!
- Anne LeBlanc Print screen for getting the image you need and cropping it in Paint
- Joel Birch @joelbirch - Inconsequential but makes me look like a wizard: command-space to open Spotlight search on my Mac.
Time Saving Tips You Might Not Know About
- Cindy Lane (MO) Undo send in GMail!
- Anne Truger (Chicago, IL)I have 2 - preview eyeball in google drive and space bar on Mac to preview a document without opening it
- Patti Duncan Cmd + Tab or Alt + Tab for shuffling between open windows
- Julia Elfred (UK) Plus, the snipping tool on Windows is an amazing time saver