Arizona Cello Society
Friday, November 22, 2019
ASU School of Music
The Arizona Cello Society proudly announces the return of its Cello Competition, presented for the first time in conjunction with Arizona ASTA’s Cellobration. This year’s event will take place on the eve of Cellobration at the ASU School of Music on Friday, November 22nd. We are delighted to hold this event to promote and celebrate the high level of young talented cellists in Arizona.
First Place – $450
Second Place – $300
First Place – $250
Second Place – $100
1. Participant must be enrolled in Cellobration 2019 and be a resident of Arizona.
2. The requirements for each division are:
Division I – Grades 9-12
Division II – Grade 8 and under
3. Repertoire is to be selected from the standard classical literature. Complete works or single movements from works are required of all entrants.
4. Competitors will have a maximum of 10 minutes to perform and may make cuts, if needed.
5. Memorization is not required, but is strongly recommended.
6. Pianists are not provided. If the piece has a piano part, entrants are strongly encouraged to bring their pianist.
7. Please provide 3 copies of your performance piece with measures numbered.
8. Please arrive 30 minutes in advance of your audition time for registration check-in and warm-up. Times will be emailed to contestants 1-2 weeks prior.
9. Questions: please email email@example.com
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, October 30th. Sign-up for Cellobration at:http://www.cellobrationaz.com and then you will receive the competition application.
ENTRANCE FEE: Division I - $50; Division II - $25
COMPETITION CHAIR: Tom Landschoot, President, Arizona Cello Society firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPETITION VENUE: Arizona State University, School of Music, 50 E. Gammage Pkwy (corner of Mill Ave & 11th Street, Tempe, 85287)