- The Lead Admin is Jon Chia (Dr. Pie#5610)
- The Lead League of Legends Admin is Charlie Smith (Chazmaster73#3157)
- League of Legends Admins:
- Liudvikas Lazauskas (Leauy#7469)
- All players must have a valid EU West account with a minimum of 20 champions.
- All teams may have a maximum of 7 players, 5 starting and 2 substitutes.
- Only the players who played in the final map of the teams final match of the tournament will be eligible for prizing.
- Coaches will be classified as a substitute.
- All players must be added and verified before the start of that week's qualifier.
- No players may be added to the roster during the online qualifiers.
- Coaches are allowed to spectate the game as long as they can only spectate their team’s side.
- Coaches are not allowed to communicate with their team during the game and may only communicate during pick-&-ban phase. If this occurs the coach will be removed from the game and punishment is subject to the Lead Admin’s decision.
- The tournament will consist of two single elimination qualifiers taking place on the 27th October and the 3rd November. The top two from each will qualify for the King of The North live event on the 1st December 2018 at MediaCityUK, Salford.
- Rounds of the tournament will be best of one, except for the qualifier final, which are best of three.
- If a team progresses during the first qualifier, they will be ineligible to enter the second qualifier.
Choice of side:
- The team with the higher seed will choose which side to start on.
- Week 1 registration closes on: Friday 26th October at 22:00
- Week 1 tournament begins on: Saturday 27th October at 13:00
- Week 2 registration closes on: Friday 2nd November at 22:00
- Week 2 tournament begins on: Saturday 3rd November at 13:00
Live event Format:
- The finals will be best of three.
- The League of Legends finals begin at 10:30 on Saturday 1st December.
More prizes may be added in the future.
- Captains meeting at 13:10 on KoTN Teams Discord
- All games must be played under the following settings:
- Map: Summoner’s Rift
- Team Size: 5
- Allow Spectators: All
- Mode: Tournament Draft
- If a lobby is accidentally set up incorrectly, but allowed to proceed into game, then it is acceptable to restart the game with identical picks, bans, and runes.
- Placeholders are allowed if a player does not own a particular champion. The opponent captain must be informed of this before the champion is locked in.
- Any settings configurable from the in game client are acceptable.
Banned Skins and Champions:
- Any champion that is released or completely reworked less than a week before the start date of a qualifier will be banned for that week's qualifier.
- Champions or skins may be banned during the tournament at the discretion of the admin team.
- If a banned skin is accidentally used, but noticed immediately, then the game may be restarted with identical picks, bans, and runes.
- High Noon Thresh is banned
- Karthus is banned
- Each team is allowed to pause for a maximum of 15 minutes total during the game with due reason. (E.g. A teammate disconnecting)
- When 15 minutes have elapsed the game must be unpaused and resumed, regardless of number of players on both sides.
- If the game servers are experiencing global problems, then the tournament admins may delay or postpone individual matches or the tournament until such a time that the server is stable.
Punishments and Disqualification:
- Any player or team found to be breaking any rules outlined in the tournament literature will be subject to penalties or possible disqualification.
- Verbal Abuse or Trolling: Any team found to be verbally abusing others, or trolling in matches will be first given a warning, then the map in which the infraction occurred will be set as a default loss, then finally disqualification from both weeks of the tournament. This does not include friendly banter this is subject to an admin’s ruling.
- Hacking, Scripting or Botting: Disqualification from both weeks of the the tournament. A two year ban for the player(s) caught cheating from all tournaments organised by University of Manchester Esports Society.
- Undeclared Players (“Ringers”): If a team is found to be fielding an undeclared player, then that team will be disqualified from that week’s tournament, however they can register the player to play for the following week, provided they are eligible. (See Eligibility under Global Rules)
- Warnings may also be given for other infractions not listed above. Other punishments may be levied if required.
- Teams participating in qualifiers are expected to report any rule breaking behaviour to admins, such as the above.
- Accusations of cheating:
- Accusations should be reported directly to admins, available on the KotN discord server
- All accusations require strong photographic proof, from the player’s perspective
- Do not publically make accusations of cheating - see Verbal Abuse or Trolling
Game Results Reporting:
- Both team captains are expected to report the results of each game to an admin immediately after their completion.
- Screenshots proving results are required. Gyazo and Imgur are both easy to use and recommended.
Rules are subject to change at any time. The admin’s decision is final.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.