SVCS 2018-19 Academic Contest Information (CSL)
1. SVCS Administration conducts annual Academic Contest to promote the learning of Chinese cultural traditions. The 2018 SVCS Academic Contest will be held on Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 1:00PM-5:00PM.
2. SVCS will begin contestant registration from 11/09/2018 through to 12/7/2018. Each class will receive an envelope and blank class list for vice classroom representatives to collect all registration forms and payment. Turn in the envelope on 12/7/2018. Please DO NOT turn in your classroom registration until then; we want to encourage as many contestant registrations as possible!
3. SVCS offer 5 sessions of training/practice for Read Aloud with an assigned Teacher.Sign up
The 5 sessions are set for: 12/14, 12/21, 1/11 ,1/18, 1/25/2019 @ 6:00PM.
The training/practice fee is $30, separate cash or check payable to SVCS, submitted to SVCS office through 12/7-12/14.
4. Contestant Registration Fees: Please pay by 1 check per class to: SVCS.
$5.00 per student for one contest.
$8.00 per student for two contests.
Each student receives 1 service point for their family after attendance has been calculated, no matter how many categories the student has signed up for.
Student can only choose 1 category to participate in from each period.
5. First Place contestants from last year’s ANCCS academic contest CAN NOT repeat the same contest category group this year. The student could compete in the same category but in a higher age division group.
Contest Categories for CSL students:
Drawing (1st Period)
CSL Read Aloud (1st Period)
Chinese Pencil Calligraphy (2nd Period)
60 min total time given to copy scripts given:
Division A: 100 words
Division B: 72 words
Division C: 56 words
Division D: 48 words
CSL Chinese Pencil Calligraphy, pending on the final number of participants, Age Division might combine, and final characters ratio will be announced after registration close.
Age Division for SVCS Academic Contest
Year of birth
13- year-old (included) or older
2005/12/31 and before
10-year-old (included) –13 year-old
2006/01/01 ─ 2008/12/31
7 -year-older (included)- 10-year-old
2009/01/01 ─ 2011/12/31
7-year-old (excluded) and younger
2012/01/01 and after
10-year-old (excluded) and younger
2009/01/01 and after