107. ADOPTION OF PLANNED INSTRUCTION - Pg.
107. ADOPTION OF PLANNED INSTRUCTION
Sec. 4.11, 4.13
Pol. 102, 105, 106
The Board shall provide a comprehensive program of planned instruction to enable district students to achieve educational objectives and attain academic standards required for student achievement. Planned instruction shall consist of at least the following:
1. Objectives to be achieved by all students.
2. Content, including materials, activities and instructional time.
3. Relationship between objectives of a planned course and established academic standards.
4. Procedure for measurement of attainment of objectives and academic standards.
SC 508, 1511, 1512
No planned instruction shall be taught in district schools unless it has been adopted by a majority vote of the full Board. The Board reserves the right to determine which units of the instructional program constitute planned instruction and are subject to adoption by the Board.
3. Delegation of Responsibility
The Superintendent shall be responsible for continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of the district’s planned instruction and shall recommend to the Board new and altered planned instruction deemed to be in the best interests of district students.
The Superintendent shall invite the participation of administrative and professional staff members at appropriate levels in the formulation of recommendations.
School Code – 24 P.S. Sec. 508, 1511, 1512, 1512.1
State Board of Education Regulations – 22 PA Code Sec. 4.11, 4.12
Board Policy – 006, 100, 102, 105, 106