Freshman Planning Calendar
Follow us on Twitter @GCISDGoCenters
Visit the Go Center page at
- It is never too early to start thinking about what you want to do after high school.
- Establish your own personal email account if you do not have one already.
- Use personal email for all things related to college.
- Look at your personal learning plan...are you on track to take the classes that you want to take throughout high school?
- Make sure you are challenging yourself with your course selections, this looks good on your transcripts and also helps to prepare you for college testing.
- Freshman GPA is important and will be included in your college application
- Research careers you might be interested in, and identifying what education you will need after high school. www.bigfuture.org and/or texasoncourse.org
- Attend the GCISD College Fair every year.
Community and Activities: *
- Discover and join - this is the year to explore different extracurricular activities and become involved in something.
- Log your extracurricular activities and volunteer activities, include the following information:
- name of group or organization
- a description of your activities
- how many hours a week/month/year you are involved
- dates when you were active in the organization
- any offices you have held
- any awards you have received
Pre-College Summer Programs:
- Consider Pre-College Summer Programs in the field or at the university you wish to attend, for more information about Pre-College Summer Programs, visit our page or speak to the University you wish to attend.
We encourage you to use the resources available to you and to come see us in the Go Center!