GARAGE SALE TRAIL FOUNDATION LTD
King of all Garage Sales - Terms and Conditions of Entry
(Last updated July 2019)
2. Information on prizes and how to enter instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
3. By entering the Garage Sale King of all Garage Sales competition (“the competition”), entrants accept the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
4. Entry to the competition is open to all Australian residents who register a garage sale on Garage Sale Trail, excluding employees of Garage Sale Trail Foundation and their immediate families.
5. The prize is 6 x $350, paid by cheque within 28 working days of the Garage Sale Trail event by our partner, Storage King. A $350 prize will be awarded to the sale which receive the most votes in the following regions:
· NSW & ACT x one $350 prize
· QLD & NT x one $350 prize
· SA x one $350 prize
· TAS x one $350 prize
· VIC x one $350 prize
· WA x one $350 prize
6. Prize winners will be determined at Level 1, 116 Chalmers St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 at 12pm on Tuesday 22 October 2019. Winners will be contacted by email on Wednesday 23 October 2019 and will be announced on the Garage Sale Trail website.
7. The judges' decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The competition is based on skill and by the creation and promotion of the most popular garage sale taking part in Garage Sale Trail on October 19, 20 or both, as determined by the most public votes received through the Garage Sale Trail website.
9. If the major prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
10. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winning and may wish to seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
11. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
12. All prize winners agree to the use of their name and suburb for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
13. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion – where applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers.
15. Prizes are not redeemable for credit or product and no exchanges are offered.
16. The Promoter, their associated agencies and companies associated with this competition take no responsibility for prize damage or lost in transit and the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, damage to or loss in transit of the prize.
17a. Each entrant's personal information is collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The personal information of winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers, deliverers and authorities that regulate competitions. Entrants who fail to provide all requested personal information, may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion to be ineligible to win a prize. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17b. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion is further governed by the Terms and Conditions found on the Garage Sale Trail website.
18. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Competition.
19. All entries become the property of Garage Sale Trail Foundation. Therefore, Garage Sale Trail Foundation is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property submitted via its website.
20. The laws of New South Wales govern Garage Sale Trail competitions.
21. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoters legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
23. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions at a later date.
24. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of prizes from the draw date. Prizes will be sent to delivery address provided by the winners. The Promoter and prize suppliers will take no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.