Why do we read?
- Learn new things
- To entertain
- Grow imagination
- Learn how to read words and what they meaning
- Write better- larger vocab
- Communicate better
Our Own Reading -
- Must Enjoy
- Easy sometimes and sometimes challenge Right challenge (Just the right amount)
What does the teacher do?
- To help learn ways to read tricky stuff
- Finding books that fit
- Introduce new books
- Help you develop skills for reading
What does the learner do?
- Be prepared challenge yourself
- Take little steps with challenge
- Set reading goals
- Be prepared to give things a go (open minded)
- Focus, be distracted or distracted.
- 15 - 30 mins to start. Set a goal if this is hard for you
Books that fit
- Topic that you like
- Interesting to you
It’s okay to abandon books.
Just not all the time, more read than abandoned?