Woodland Elementary School
Car Rider Procedures
Students who arrive and/or depart by car will use the following procedures. Please be patient and respectful of the rules, personnel, and other car riders. A link to a map that includes directional arrows to assist you is posted on the website and a hard copy is available in the school office. If you have changes to dismissal procedures, please contact the office before 2:30. Thank you.
- Adults bringing student to school should proceed to the rear of the building after turning right from the entrance road. Cars may enter the northeast parking lot from the north entrance and form a single line extending out of the parking lot and back along the rear drive.
- Students will enter the north noor nearest the gym, door #16. Parents will park along the sidewalk and extend back through the drive around the rear of the building.
- For safety, students should only be dismissed from the passenger side (curb side) of the car. Students will be dismissed from cars at 8:50am when the bell sounds. Staff members will open the building doors at that time. Please do not release students until either the bell sounds or a staff member opens the door.
- When it is your turn to pull forward, please move all the way to the end of the sidewalk, or as far forward as possible to fill all spaces.
- Please refrain from walking into the building with your child. If you must enter the school, please park at the front of the building in the appropriate, limited, spaces.
- Cars should exit the parking lot through the northeast entrance and turn right and leave around the south side of the school. You may not leave or enter around the north end of the building.
- The same procedures will take place when the car rider dismissal begins at 3:20pm. Parents will need to wait in line, and for safety purposes, students will enter cars on the curb (passenger side).
- All cars should have their child’s assigned number clearly displayed in the front windshield. Failure to display your child’s pickup number may create a delay in your child getting to your vehicle quickly.
- Students will exit the building from the north door nearest the gym hallway and the northeast door of the north wing of the building, door #16 and #17. Students will not be allowed to exit the building without adult supervision. Dismissal will not begin until a staff member is present.
- You may be asked to show a picture ID. If you do not have ID with you, or if there is a question, you may be asked to pick your child up from the front office.
- All adults should remain in their cars following the line until students are picked up.
- Please do not park and walk to the carb to get your child. This will cause an unsafe situation and disrupts the flow of vehicles.
- Please do not ask or signal to your child to walk across the parking lot to your car.
- When it is your turn to pull forward, please move all the way to the end of the curb or as far forward as possible to fill all spaces.
- If a parent needs to enter the building to get their child, please park at the front of the building in the appropriate spaces.