Lauri Ann West Community Center Job Description: Arts and Enrichment Assistant Instructor
The Arts and Enrichment Program Assistant Instructor provides day-to-day supervision and appropriate interaction with students, providing arts and enrichment activities implementation in a safe, caring, and fun environment.
Generally, the Assistant Instructor work hours are 3:30 to 6:00 pm 5 days a week. Position will work on-site at the community center. Time prior to student arrival is for preparation of snacks along with assisting lead instructor with planning activities. Hours are subject to change based on number of students and may be expanded based on early dismissal days and certain school holidays. Ten hour days, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, may be required on days when full day care is offered.
Arts Backgrounds are a plus!
• Work cooperatively to assist Lead Instructor with activities planning and implementation
• Communicate with parents and center staff
• Daily supervision of children
• Snack Preparation
• Follow all Department of Public Welfare Child Day Care licensing requirements including on-going professional development and medical form requirements
• Maintain a safe, creative, respectful and welcoming environment
• Daily set-up and clean-up of supplies for activities
• Daily clean-up of room(s) used including:
• Participate in on-going program evaluation and revision
• All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in elementary education, child development, or related field or minimum of 5 years experience supervising groups of children, planning and leading activities for elementary school children. Five years related experience
• Familiarity with state health and safety requirements, standard day care policies and procedures
• Must pass Act 45 requirements , criminal background and child abuse history clearance check
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Plan and implement lesson plans
• Excellent Team teaching skills
• Understands Program Goals and Mission
• Compliance with Policies and Procedures
• Time Management
• Customer (children/parents) Focus
• Effective Communicator
• Team Player Cooperation
• Subject Area Expertise
• Accepts Supervision
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• This position requires walking, sitting, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling or crawling, standing for long periods, and using hand or fingers to manipulate touch or handle.
• May need to lift or push up to 15 pounds, periodically up to 30 pounds, and rarely up to 50 pounds.
• The work environment noise level is typical of an elementary classroom.
• Vision abilities required by this job include near and far vision, depth perception and to differentiate colors.
Tools and Equipment commonly used to perform this job includes
Additional Comments or working conditions not listed above The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The responsibilities outlined above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, supports the mission, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please put A&E Position in the subject line.