MyGPS Basic & Advanced Faculty Training
Presented August 9, 2017
All teachers must at least do the following things:
- Take attendance each class period. You can now edit attendance.
- Post all assignments on MyGPS Assignment Center by 4:00 pm.
- Post major tests, projects and papers one week in advance. Don’t assign if two others have been entered.
These will be determined by the needs of the participants. This session will cover the following as time permits. All blue underlined links provide detailed information/directions in IT Support.
- New Gradebook Features July 2017 gradebook status, options, student visual grade report, etc.
- Quick setup: edit setup, gradebook calculation formulas, select assignment types, percentages if used, copy to other classes, save.
- Post by 4 pm and major tests/projects/papers one week in advance
- Advantages for students: assignments in one place for ease of planning (like our improved GPS calendar), attach documents, videos, links. Always there for review.
- Advantages for teachers: immediate student & class stats, accuracy, gradebook is printable (via gradebook reports).
- Assignment Setup, add links & downloads, publish, notifications, choose Turnitin, etc.
- Student view of assignment center (see below)
- Major assignments: check for other subject major tests
- Assignment center: Show student view in class: Allow a student to display with projector so that advisor/teacher can discuss. Discuss day, week, month and assigned, due, active.
- Bulletin board: Import from last year and copy to all sections. Troubleshoot: check dates (set to show , add photos, downloads, links, etc.), publish layout changes, drag block to copied class so information has a place to land.
- Topics: Import from last year, embed videos, add thumbnail pic, etc. Decide whether to add resources to topics, within an assignment, or both. Setup > Edit settings to add pic, change layout, copy to other classes. How to copy or share topics.
- Calendar: Copy sections or all of the GPS calendar to your personal calendar.
- Messages: Manage with archive and sort, send to groups from class/group roster
- Roster: Run roster/student reports including learning profiles, emergency contacts, etc.
- Directories: Access, sort, contact card.
- Print Teacher Schedule: MyDay > Reports > type teacher in search > choose Teacher Schedule - By Day Name (Grid). RUN (far right) > choose a regular week and don’t show dates. > Generate report > View/Print PDF.
- Turnitin: Not just a plagarism check - excellent online grading platform. Session coming soon. List of IT Support articles on Turnitin found here.
This session will cover the following as time permits:
- Reports: What’s available to you? - Faculty>MyDay>Schedule & Performance (Reports and View All) *Go straight to output option on the right. Also under onRecord>Analyze
- Lists: How to Search - Faculty>MyDay>Schedule & Performance (Reports and View All) * Copy (output can be adjusted) vs. Run. Also under onRecord>Lists>Manage Lists
- Calendar: What’s New for the 17-18 Year - Faculty>Calendar. Everything lives here now! Only the designated calendar managers can add to “School Calendars” while you can add to “My Calendars.”
Note that you can create a custom view and Save or Restore.
Icons on the right - List, Details, Webcal feed, Print
- Rubrics: Something New for the 17-18 Year - USE with one big caveat! MyDay>Rubrics. Add to Rubric Bank to share with other folks and then under three dots (more options icon), select Add to my rubrics. Go to My rubrics and under the more options icon select Edit rubric. Eventually you’ll have so many you may need to filter :) When you add an assignment, you can associate a rubric.
- Resource Board & Posts: What’s Their Purpose? - Faculty>Resources. End goal and owners.
- Directory: My Contacts & Other Options - Faculty>Directories. What can each constituent group see about each other. Options: My Contacts and Contact Card - Progress, Schedule, Assignments, Conduct, Official Notes
- Settings: Just a Refresher - Dropdown beside profile picture review Login Settings and Notifications.
- Training Resources: In Case You Need More - Dropdown beside profile picture Training Resources; Use menu across the top! On Campus/Academics/Interactive Assignment Rubrics
- Forms & Event Registration: How Does This Work? - Contact Melanie to set up
How to switch to a different marking period (year to semester)