Call for EVS volunteer, part of Erasmus+ program
Program can start from now (it is already approved) until December, for a period of 12 months.
Εstia Agios Nikolaos is the only life-sharing community in Greece where adults with special needs live, work and spend their free time together with the people who care for them, in a mutually enriching way. The cornerstone principle of 'Estia Agios Nikolaos' is that each person is unique and can be helped to develop his or her unique capabilities in a nurturing environment via creative work, artistic stimuli and direct interaction with nature.
We wish to host volunteers who:
· Are willing to live in a community
· Are willing to live with people with a disability
· Are patient, friendly and open minded
· Are responsible for their task
· Enjoy working as a part of a team
· Take initiative
· Have good communication skills
· Support the staff and will help out in the daily care
· Take part in the different leisure activities
· Give a hand in household tasks, e.g. cooking
· Do one-to-one activities with some of the people with special needs in the community.
· Attend the weekly meetings
· Know how to swim in the sea
Volunteer is provided with accommodation, monthly pocket money and food allowance, insurance and travel expenses.
Apply by sending your CV and motivation letter at email@example.com