R Community Bikes Executive Director Job Description
R Community Bikes is a grassroots, 501(c)3 organization, staffed entirely by volunteers. We collect and repair used bicycles for distribution, free of charge, to the Rochester, NY area’s most needy children and adults.
Tracing its beginnings to 2001 and having incorporated in 2008, RCB is now conducting a search for an Executive Director, an unpaid position with a renewable term of two years.
The ideal candidate would possess strong leadership and organizational skills, previous
experience in the nonprofit world and would be well connected in the community at large. In addition, he/she/they would have good communication skills, both written and spoken. Some experience in monitoring finances but not necessarily managing them would be helpful as would being bilingual.
Interested individuals can send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific job responsibilities of the Director include but are not limited to:
- Report to and work with the Board of Directors and organization functional teams to ensure that the organization’s mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. Participate in regular meetings of the Board of Directors, presenting current operational status and highlighting significant areas requiring the Board’s attention.
- Monitor operational teams’ effectiveness and adjust as necessary for day to day operations.
- Monitor the financial parameters of the organization to ensure the financial integrity of the organization.
- Create the annual report and submit it to the Board of Directors.
- Act as spokesperson for the organization or delegate the same. Interact with outside agencies and delegate assignments to appropriate teams.
- Monitor volunteer recruitment and retention. Resolve Human Resources issues such as ensuring volunteers are engaged and recognized for their work. Along with the appropriate functional team leader, formulate and implement corrective action as needed for volunteers and clients.
- Sign legal work with authorization of the Board of Directors.
- Operate in accordance with the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.