SMYAL Protocol Related to COVID-19
Youth Development and Community Engagement Team
Document last updated 12/16/2021
As we are eager to officially welcome youth back into the space for programming, we want to ensure the health and safety of all participants. To that end, we have developed COVID - 19 protocols that will be followed by all participants for in-person YDCE programming & events. This document applies to our drop in center programs, including Little SMYALs, as well as our trainings and community engagement events. The below-mentioned guidelines and protocols will be updated according to recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, the Mayor's Office of Washington, DC, and The District of Columbia Public Schools. If there is a positive COVID-19 exposure, the drop-in center may suspend programming for 10 days.
If you have any questions or concerns about the below protocols, please contact the Youth Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Masks are required indoors unless actively eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status
2. Maximum of 15 youth in main space (408 7th Street) at a time
3. If you are not feeling well, please refrain from attending programs until you feel better
4. Wash and sanitize hands frequently
5. If not vaccinated, testing prior to accessing the space is strongly encouraged but not mandatory
6. Sanitizer, mask & face coverings will be provided
7. Unless authorized & accompanied by a staff member, youth are to remain on the first floor 408 side of the building.
8. All visitors to our space must sign in every time they access the building
If you have or believe you have been exposed to COVID - 19 please read the following:
Unvaccinated: After 7 days, with a negative COVID test result (completed at minimum after 5 days of quarantine), you may return to in-person programming. If you do not take a COVID test, the minimum quarantine time is 10 days.
Vaccinated: Do not need to quarantine if you are not showing symptoms, but are recommended to take a test between 3 and 5 days after exposure.
If you have traveled internationally, please read the following:
Vaccinated and Unvaccinated: Negative COVID - 19 test results within 3 days upon entry into the US
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and would like to inform others who may have been exposed, you can contact SMYAL staff at email@example.com.
SMYAL will share general updates and notifications if there is a positive COVID test result after an in-person engagement. SMYAL will NOT disclose personal information or health results to program participants. SMYAL will contact DC Contract tracers as per CDC guidelines.