Arcola High School
Senior year registration
The Guidance Office will begin helping next year’s seniors (Class of 2021) register for classes on Tuesday, November 12. This process will continue through the following week and will take place in the foyer. Students will do this during their PE classes and should bring their ipads to register.
The class of 2021 is a large class, so please be patient as we give each individual student our attention as they pick their classes.
Things that will be covered during the registration process
- Remaining graduation requirements
- Class options
- Option to graduate in December 2020
- College & career plans
Special programs to consider
* All programs with * will incur extra cost, possible scholarship available for reimbursement upon successful completion of course or program
- Community Service: Seniors can choose to serve study hall time by either assisting a staff member or helping in an elementary class or at recess. This is worth 0.25 credit/semester. Seniors can have an additional study hall for schoolwork.
- *Douglas County CEO Program (Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities): This is a program for students interested in business. It focuses on business development, management, and processes. Dual credits are available through Lake Land College. Students in this program are gone for 2 class periods.
- *Health Occupations: This dual credit program is through Lake Land College and our EIEFES Program and covers basic nursing skills, and prepares students to take their CNA license exam. Students in this program are gone for half the school day.
- *Early College & Career Academy: Parkland College dual credit programs in which students take two classes per semester on Parkland’s campus: Automotive Tech, Collision Repair, Industrial Technology (Machining, Welding, & Design), Computer Programming, Computer Network Administration, Emergency Medical Services (Health focus or Fire Science focus), Criminal Justice, and Education (Teaching). Students in this program are gone for most of the morning.
- *High School Career Academy: Lake Land College dual credit programs available on Lake Land’s campus: Automotive Tech/Welding, and Design & Drafting (CAD). Students in this program are gone for most of the morning.