500 N. Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Systems Coherence, School Redesign, and Changement Management for
Rowan-Salisbury Schools, a Teacher and School Leader (TSL) Grant
RFP Issued: January 27, 2021
Response Due: February 15, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST
(PLEASE NOTE EXTENSION from previous deadline of February 7, 2021)
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Systems Coherence, School Redesign, and Changement Management Services
Rowan-Salisbury Schools is requesting proposals from qualified licensed firms for specialized services for assessing systems coherence, school redesign, and change management services in the Accelerate Rowan grant, a Teacher and School Leader (TSL) grant.
Submittal of Proposal
- Information should be verified before submissions. Adjustments will not be permitted after submission to the District. The District will not be responsible for errors or omissions on the part of the organizations in preparation of the proposals.
- Submissions should be sent to:
Andrew Smith, Assistant Superintendent of Transformation
- Questions about the RFP, its content, format or any other questions must be submitted in writing to Andrew Smith, Assistant Superintendent of Transformation by February 1, 2021.
- All Proposals must be signed by an authorized officer of the firms submitting the proposals.
Rights of the District
- The District, in its discretion, may conduct personal interviews of any firm submitting an RFP. The successful firm or firms will be required to enter into an Agreement between the District and the Firm. The form of agreement for requested services shall be substantially in the form of the district’s standard agreement for services.
- All content, processes, products, programs, and all other resources developed by the firm for the purpose of this RFP, shall be the property of Rowan-Salisbury Schools.
- The RFP is not a low-bid price competition; instead, proposals shall be evaluated in accordance with the Evaluation Criteria stated in this RFP.
- The District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals.
Deadline for Submittal
- Scope of Work
- Responses received from this Request for Proposals will be used by the District to select the firm to provide services to the District in accordance with the scope of work identified in this RFP.
- Work with Rowan-Salisbury Schools Teacher and School Leader Grant District Leadership Team to conduct a system coherence study, develop a school redesign process, assist in aligning school-based designs with the directional system and provide change management consultation throughout the process.
Summary of Specific Services/Products and actual Deliverables
- Develop detailed, three year, implementation plan to include:
- Conduct system coherence study including data on each school and its alignment to the district’s directional system.
- As it relates to the directional system: identify at each school:
- Learner Impact
- Learner Experience
- School Design and Implementation Status
- Conduct case-study analysis on a limited number of schools.
- Assess local and district conditions for school redesign including identifying system factors that support or inhibit implementation of the directional system.
- Provide a report of system coherence to inform strategic planning processes in late Spring/Summer 2021
- Develop strategic redesign cohorts.
- Develop project plan to address findings of “Stage 1- Assessing” including the following components:
- Effective School Designs - Develop systems to support school-based design teams to make school designs effective and aligned to the directional system.
- Conducive Local Conditions - Provide direct support to school leaders and design teams in cultivating strong local conditions for innovation and change management.
- Rowan Salisbury Design Library - Develop library of school designs that codify and spread effective and aligned school models within the district and to outside institutions.
- School Design Network - Develop system and venue for sharing school designs, model components, and research and design practices nationally.
- Supportive and Coherent District System - Develop a system/process to support district leadership in creating policies, systems and changement processes that allow for alignment to the directional system and systems coherence.
- Provide leadership and consultancy to partner with regional and national thought partners to further develop systems coherence.
- Develop school blueprints, district blueprint, school design network plan.
Contents Of Proposal For Selection Committee
All proposals shall address the following items, in the order listed below and shall be numbered A through F in the proposal document.
- Description of Firm – Provide background information regarding the size, location, work history, and organization of the firm.
- Experience Relative to District Needs – Provide a detailed summary of the experience of the firm including a list of similar projects completed within the last five years.
- Qualifications of Firm’s Personnel – Identify all project personnel, organizational relationships, and provide a resume of qualifications and project related experience.
- Implementation Plan - Describe how the RFP components, outlined in the previous section will be implemented.
- Timeline - Provide schedule of delivery of services/products.
- Fees – Proposals shall include the firm’s fee schedule, and pricing shall be inclusive of all costs.
- Other - Each firm is encouraged to provide any additional information
or description of resources the firm feels is pertinent to this RFP.
- Selection Criteria
- Experience and Training: Project personnel resumes.
- Proven track record of services related to the RFP scope of work.
- Previous work history with Rowan-Salisbury Schools.
- Design of project deliverables and implementation plan.
- Applicable Fees.
- Understanding and commitment to Rowan-Salisbury Schools’ Renewal School System Legislation and Directional System.
The District Superintendent will appoint a selection committee to review the RFPs and make a recommendation to the School Board.