MARKETING ASSISTANT (GRAPHIC DESIGN) - VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Volunteering at Ängsbacka - share your skill in presence, service and togetherness
At Ängsbacka - our membership owned center for personal development running Courses and Festivals/Conscious Camping - we live and work together. For the duration of our volunteering period we explore how it is to live a daily life centered in selfless service, presence, self-awareness & self-responsibility, relating from the heart, gratitude and celebration.
We support each other and we hold a nurturing space for visiting participants, while at the same time supporting our own personal development.
When entering a ‘Skilled Volunteer’ role for the summer you temporarily become part of the working community at Ängsbacka and we encourage you to take this golden opportunity for personal transformation: to become aware of limiting beliefs, patterns and triggers and move beyond them with the support of a safe and loving environment. Ultimately, and in line with Ängsbacka’s overall vision, we hopefully come closer to the realization of who and what we are beyond all thoughts & concepts and develop beautiful friendships along the way!
Tools & practices to live our vision
- The 12 Guidelines for Living & Working in Ängsbacka
- Honest & open-hearted communication
- Working Meditation
- Silent Sitting
- Workshops that support personal growth
- Working Community Circle (active for part of the year only)
Marketing Assistant volunteer role
We are looking to extend our Marketing Office with a Volunteer Marketing Assistant who will be working closely with our marketing team to develop graphical content fitting the marketing needs of Ängsbacka
When you join the team, you will be supporting the team to translate our marketing needs to a consistent graphic representation of Ängsbacka for both digital and print. You will be working with our style guide, which leaves a lot of space for creativity and own initiatives. To be selected for this role, you must have prior experience in Graphic Design and Adobe should not hold any secrets for you. Experience in the realms of our products is considered a plus.
Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and a high level of attention to detail are a plus in this role.
Marketing Assistant abilities:
- Leadership: Effectively guide your team and its culture for the best possible outcomes
- Refinement: Creating simple and elegant solutions
- Big picture thinker: To see the whole machine with all of its moving parts and understand what influences each other
- Clear and concise communicator: leaves the vagueness at the door.
- Empathetic: Able to see multiple perspectives and experiences
- Motivated: Able to work without a cattle prod
- Organized: Methodical and not afraid of structure. Able to follow systems.
- Adaptable: able to take on problem solving
- Interested in Learning
- Self Reliant: does not need to be micromanaged
- Humble: willingness to learn and compromise when appropriate
- Good Stress Management Skills: ability to remain calm when others are not
Marketing Assistant - Prefered Skills and Qualifications:
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Interactive Media
Marketing Assistant tasks:
- Provide support to the marketing department.
- Support the development and execution of the marketing strategy through Graphic Design and visual communication
- Work with the marketing team to manage brand and marketing initiatives.
- Develop and support the execution of Social Media marketing campaigns.
- Contributing ideas to Marketing Campaigns
- Assisting with promotional activities
- Design visual content for social media, website and printed content
- Liasing with other teams and departments within Ängsbacka to disseminate the needs from the different departments
Department needs my vary based on the active team constellation
Education and/or Experience:
- High School degree
- 1-3 years work/volunteer experience in marketing or equivalent education
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, design or a related field a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Demonstrated experience with Graphic design (Digital and/or Print)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
- Digital photography and video editing experience is considered as a plus