We’re looking for an experienced engineer to become a part of our close-knit remote engineering team and help build our products. If you’re someone who enjoys working in a connected team of developers and cares deeply about writing clean, maintainable, and reasonably tested code, then read on!
Our mission is creating forward-thinking SEO tracking tools that help our users scale their online businesses, so familiarity with the world of SEO is definitely a plus.
We're offering a remote position and a flexible work schedule. At the beginning, we will start part-time, and once we see we are a great fit, there is an option to go full-time. We are open to different work arrangements — as long as the work is done and the deadlines are met.
Technologies we are using:
To get the work done, we primarily use Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, Ember.js, Gulp, Ansible and Elixir. Our production code runs on Linux servers and AWS. We communicate in Slack and have weekly calls in Hangouts. Work backlog is kept in Jira and Trello.
- Being well acquainted with good practices of building and maintaining Ruby on Rails APIs,
- Having a solid understanding of modern component-based front-end frameworks (good knowledge of Ember.js is not essential — we will be happy to teach you),
- Writing nicely structured and efficient CSS,
- Having solid SQL foundations, ability to architect, monitor and optimize data flows,
- Knowing your way around Linux shells, code deployment flows, and basic server configurations,
- Avoiding over-engineering and having an excellent feel for combining of what is good enough to reach our business goals, satisfying the needs of our users, and ensuring long-term tech maintainability,
- Help with technical support when necessary,
- Effective and clear communication in English — both written and also on our regular voice calls that happen during CET working times.
- Experience with highly concurrent and fault-tolerant systems: we constantly process huge amounts of data from various external sources with Elixir and Ruby,
- SEO knowledge: our products serve mostly to the SEO crowd,
- Good feel for UI, UX, and having empathy. You should be able to put yourself in users’ shoes, trying to simplify their life with practical and simple solutions.
What is it going to look like:
- Developing new features and improving the existing ones on all fronts of the product; front-end, back-end, and landing pages,
- Being attentive to daily operations and system status,
- Finding and squashing bugs.
We're a 100% remote company, so you need be autonomous, self-driven, and disciplined with your time.
To apply, please provide us with your recent CV and at least with some of the following:
- Contributions to open source,
- Cool projects that you created and are proud of that you can walk us through,
- A decent portfolio of experiments or other visual material that shows a significant level of caring about your craft.
Interested? Apply now! Tell us about yourself, why you'd like to join, and how your work routine looks like.