AAWCC Oregon State Board Meeting Minutes
April 23, 2021 - 1pm to 1:50pm
Members Attended (DID NOT RECORD): Lisa Fletcher-Gordon (VP-Finance), Sydney Frost (VP-OILD), Kristina Holton (VP-Membership & Registration); Lynn Irvin (Past-President), Donna Lewelling (President), Cherie Maas-Anderson (National Representative), Adrienne Ochs (VP-Fall Conference), Teri Olsen (President-Elect), Lydia Rediske (VP-Web Development), Lauren Smith (VP- Records), Donna Zmolek (VP-Communications), and Amber Fultz (VP-Summer Conference)
Meeting ID: 917 1418 2240
2021 Board Meeting Work Plan
- Call to Order - Happy Birthday Donna Zmolek!
- Agenda Changes and Additions
- Minutes Approval - March 12, 2021 - APPROVED
- Ongoing Item: Treasurer Report
- AAWCC Day of Dialogue - Reflection, Debrief and Ambassador Update
- Great energy around the DoD, and looking to tie things into the Summer Conference. An idea could be for Ambassadors to host 30 minute quick chats to get folks pumped about Summer Conference and get everyone talking about the themes.
- Event went really well overall - Jamboard with Attendee responses to DoD prompts.
- Virtual made for a fun format and nice to connect with Women from across the state of Oregon. Might be tougher to replicate a statewide approach for future DoD, but worthwhile.
- There were a lot of conversations on the role of identity and the identities we’ve been able to take on while working remotely (and off camera) and how this might change as we head back to work. There could be future discussions and activities for development on this topic.
- AAWCC Summer Conference 2021
- Amy Dee Keynote - Uplifting and inspirational - Remember your power Asked to not be recorded and ACTION ITEM: we need someone to introduce Keynote.
- Will do a video meditation during break and then chair yoga.
- How can we support women with coming “back in person” and out from behind the computer - Maybe some processing time for this in addition to the speakers? Strategies in the workplace regarding resumption (i.e. face masks, not sitting next to coworkers, social distancing, etc.) - How do we find ways to cope with this and take care of our mental health while being a productive worker? In addition, how do we navigate these massive changes and deal with the collective trauma of COVID?
- Can we identify panelists with representation from across the state to host a conversation on “back in person” and how colleges and individuals across the state are handling this reintegration to in-person on a personal/individual and/or campus-level? Do we need to keep it to personal stories? Is this topic overtalked?
- Are we equipped to handle the emotional fallout from a conversation on identity post-pandemic or do we need to reframe it? Are we better off with a speaker to focus the conversation or guided questions to keep discussion within scope (e.g., how can I interact with people again in COVID-conscientious way?) “Remaining Close While Distanced” - title session idea from Adrienne
- Session Idea: COVID-friendly bag, the top 5 things to have in your bag.
- Also, conversation on how empowering it is to be working remotely for some versus face to face.
- Workshop with Susan Small (3:45 - 4) centered on health with small tangible ideas people can imbed into their daily life.
- What is needed?
- Cost for summer conference: $25 - APPROVED (motion carried unanimously)
- Communication & Registration: Kristina will map out a timeline (proposed open registration around June)
- Embassy Suites Update, Adrienne is now listed as the contact with Embassy Suites. As of today’s meeting, no follow-up from Embassy Suites.
- Board Membership and Recruitment (moved to next meeting’s agenda, did not discuss due to time)
- New AAWCC National Fee Structure
- Current practice has been for the OR AAWCC Chapter to cover a $10 National AAWCC Membership fee annually per attendees of OR AAWCC Fall Conference, Summer Conference, and/or OILD for attendees.
- New practice (effective July 1, 2021, to confirm with Cherie): State Chapters will no longer pay for individual, annual National AAWCC Membership. Individuals (or local chapters on behalf of the individuals?) can pay an annual $25 fee to National for National Membership if affiliated with a local chapter. In this scenario, a local chapter could charge a membership fee that builds in this $25 national membership fee. For individuals not affiliated with a local chapter yet who want to be a National member, there is an annual “at-large membership fee” of $75. More to come as details get finalized by the National Chapter.
Status of membership program