SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 6:34pm at Round Table Pizza in Atascadero, CA by Carrie
Introductions & members in attendance: (Attendance Sheet)
Robin Blackburn, Mary Brown, Karyn Convertini, Monica Firchow, Hannah Firchow, Cindy Fleenor, Janell Fleenor, Richard Gearhart, Carrie Muir, Jennifer Nowell, Jennifer Tighe, Shari Ziegenbein, and NEW MEMBER Joan Ehrhardt
- Approve 9/20/17 minutes as amended. Cindy moved to accept, Shari seconded. Passed
$11,911.92 current balance. $1200 due for insurance in November.
Past Show Business: May 13-14, 2017
- Catalog sales ($ income / # sold)
- About $150 made in catalog sales
- Karyn suggests that moving forward, we order closer to the minimum amount of catalogs necessary.
- Storage unit update: September 23rd at storage unit to sell/disburse items
- Bradshaw picked up and paid for mats with a check. Check was deposited.
- Shed purchase/placement update
- Karyn donated a shed that was already on her property, so we don’t need to buy one. Jeannette and Bob Ferguson delivered the items to Karyn’s property. Currently the club’s items are not IN the shed, but are stacked nearby with a tarp over them.
- We were mostly able to donate and recycle the stuff we were getting rid of, including to Habitat for Humanity.
Next Show: March 29 - April 1 2018 - Including Easter Day [FOUR meetings left]
Note: Entries close March 14th.
- Judges update - new judges/confirmations/specialty selections
- No new judges have been chosen.
- The Bulldog club has decided to join us and support an entry. Robin will talk with them regarding judges they prefer.
- Carrie will be in charge of gathering trophy donations. They are $50/day
- Working group trophy - Friday - Shari
- Only doing wine tasting on (Good) Friday.
- Each member is requested to donate 2-3 bottles of wine in order for us to have the amount needed.
- Kern County Kennel Club Facebook post update?
- Supported Ridgeback Entry update?
- Jennifer Nowell will choose the judge for the Supported Entry.
- Eye clinic update - Jennifer N. find/found a doctor willing to travel to KC?
- Premium list is probably due late November early December
- Theme update - Jennifer Nowell and Shari coordinate with KCKC
- “Casual Friday” suggested by Richard. Cindy moved, Shari seconded. Passed
- “Pastel Thursday” suggested by _________
- Junior Scholarship 2018: Jennifer look into cost/benefit/difficulties of offering US Savings Bonds in the future.
- Thru Treasury Department: We open account, recipient opens account, we transfer to recipient. Very confusing
- In the future, we will do a VISA credit card of $100 per day for 2 days. Robin moved, Jennifer N. seconded. Passed.
- Jenniffer Nowell will be in charge of raising money
- Richard will ask Nancy F. for donation
- Gate Volunteers - Discuss whether or not we will charge an entry fee for the Thursday/Friday show
- We would rather not. Will talk to KCKC to see if this meshes with their plans
- Kern County Fairgrounds tour date
- December preferred. Will talk with KCKC about date options
- Notification to EMT & Susan Howard (regarding the college kids) re: next year?
- Shari e-mailed Susan, didn’t hear back. Will call her.
- EMT has been notified
- Thursday - No performance, only conformation
- Friday - Rally only: KCKC will handle/be in charge
- National Owner/Handler BIS $100/day
- Cindy - $100 donated for Friday - paid
- $ will there be a cash prize?
- KCKC going to do BIS $? Prefer no $.
- On FB starting in November
- $250 printed advertisement
- How can our club assist in Northern California fires?
- Janell reached out to Kennel Clubs in the area, and they said they’re fine.
- SLOKC website upgrade - Janell present idea - $144 per year, billed annually. 10% discount for first year ($129.60 with discount)
- Cindy moved that we upgrade website to Squarespace. Shari seconded. Motion passed
Next Meeting: November 29 at 6:30pm at Round Table Pizza in Atascadero
Note: November meeting is when elections for next year’s officers are held. You must be present in order to vote: proxy voting is not allowed.
Close Meeting: 8:06pm by Carrie
Minute Taker: Secretary Janell Fleenor
Nomination Committee Report
The President shall preside at all meetings of the Club and of the Board, and shall have the duties and powers normally appurtenant to the office of the President; in addition to those particularly specified in these Constitution and By-Laws. They shall also be authorized to sign checks in the absence of the Treasurer.
President Nominee(s): Mary Brown
The Vice-President shall have the powers and exercise the duties of the President, in case of the President’s death, absence, or incapacity.
Vice-President Nominee(s): Shari Ziegenbein
The Secretary shall keep a record of all meetings of the Club and the Board and of all matters of which a record shall be ordered by the Club. The Secretary shall also have charge of the correspondence for meetings where applicable, keep a roll of the members of the Club with their addresses and carry out other such duties as are prescribed in these Constitution and By-Laws.
Secretary Nominee(s): Janell Fleenor
The Treasurer shall collect and receive all monies due or belonging to the Club and receipt therefore. He/She shall deposit the same in a bank satisfactory to the Board, in the name of the Club. The books shall at all times be open to inspection by the Board, and he/she shall report to them at every meeting the balance of the Club’s finances and every item or receipt or payment not before reported; and at the annual meeting he/she shall render an account of all monies received and expended during the previous fiscal year.
Treasurer Nominee(s): Karyn Convertini
(3) Board/Director Nominee(s):
Jennifer Nowell, Robin Blackburn, Cindy Fleenor
Members may nominate any member in attendance of the October meeting, provided nominee is active, a member in good standing, has been in the club for one year, and accepts the nomination.
Members nominated at meeting:
Position Nominator Nominee
NO ADDITIONAL NOMINATIONS AT MEETING