2nd & 3rd GRADE SUMMER JAMBOREE PLAY DATE
SAN FRANCISCO YOUTH SOCCER
Thank you for your interest in our inaugural SFYS Pre-Season Jamboree Play Date!
Here we will be providing as much information as possible, as the play date is still in development.
Goals of the Day:
- Give incoming 2nd and 3rd grade teams an opportunity to play in a game day environment.
- Give SFYS a chance to see the teams, to help supplement census submissions.
- Provide opportunities for Team STARs to practice their officiating
- Provide opportunities to mentor youth referees
Game day rules:
Teams must RSVP by 7/15 in order to participate.
There are no 'winners' or 'losers', no medals or trophies - but matches will be recorded to supplement team census data and also so that coaches and referees can familiarize themselves with the reporting process.
3rd Grade teams - Saturday, July 21st
2nd Grade teams - Sunday, July 22nd
Where & When:
All games will be at the same venue, Crocker Amazon.
Game times are TBD and will be posted after the RSVP deadline.
What you'll need:
- Ideally, at least 7 of your players. (If necessary you may play with a minimum of 5 players, as outlined in the league rules - no guest players.)
- Players must have shin pads and athletic shoes
- Players should all have the same colored shirts, with unique numbers on the back. (Uniforms are not required, so don't worry if they're not in yet. Pinnies or t-shirts with masking tape numbers are just fine.)
- Game balls
- SFYS will schedule your team two games over the space of 1-2 hours.
- SFYS will communicate your field number and game times one week before the Jamboree.
- Your team will not have any SFRPD-permitted practice opportunity before the Jamboree, but this may help.
- Teams will check in with the referee 15 minutes before the game.
- Check in will be done with a printed game day photo roster or digital player cards.
- Your team will provide a STAR referee for both games, who will also check in with the referee. S/he may be a different STAR for each game.
- Games will start and end on a field marshalls horn.
- Games will all start and end on a central horn. Games not ready to start on time will not make up the missed time.
- Your team manager / coach is expected to submit the score and report after each game, via affinity.