School of Living Newsletter Editor Position
Overall Responsibility: Produces the monthly email newsletter of the School of Living.
- Initiate and maintain communication with SoL communities for the purpose of promoting projects of the communities and to generate content. This may involve developing a relationship with a point person from each community that is willing to engage.
- Collaborate with and maintain communication with SoL committees to update readers on committee work and to generate content for the newsletter.
- Plan, organize, edit and write parts of the content of each month’s newsletter
- Set and enforce deadlines
- Make a final determination about what will be published in an issue
- Distribute electronically via email and social media channels
- Writing and editing experience
- Community organizing experience
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work with hard deadlines
- Attention to detail, especially in editing, proofing.
- Proficient computer skills
The newsletter editor will work as part of a team that includes the Board, Executive Director, and Administrative Assistant that sets guidelines and expectations for authors, and reviewers.
Compensation: $100 per issue.