NORTHEASTERN GRAIN RACE: 2022 DIRECTORY
NORTHEASTERN GRAIN RACE
RULES AND DIRECTORY
Hudson River Maritime Museum.
845.338.0071 x 16
Competition Rules Included Below.
GRAIN & PUMPKIN RACE RULES:
The Northeastern Grain And Pumpkin Races are a set of races to deliver grain or pumpkins from farms to producers or consumers with the lowest possible carbon footprint. While speed is nice, the critical factor is a low carbon footprint for the maximum amount of cargo movement.
1. Any vehicle or means of transportation may enter the contest.
2. Over the course of one Month (May for Grain, October for Pumpkins) participants may enter one cargo voyage.
3. The cargo shipment and food production must originate and terminate within the Northeast; New England, New York, and New Jersey inclusive.
Vessel categories will be divided by TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Units) of 1200 cubic feet. This gives the cargo volume to be filled, as opposed to mass for each vehicle. There are four categories:
1. Half TEU or less (51-600 Cu Ft)
2. Half to One TEU (601-1200 Cu Ft)
3. One to five TEUs (1201-6000 Cu Ft)
4. Micro Category (Less Than 50 Cu Ft)
Participation Rules And Scoring:
1. Each participating voyage gets one (1) point per Ton-Mile of cargo Moved.
2. Each participating voyage loses five (5) points per liter of fuel used or per 10kWh of electrical power provided from the grid.
3. Each vehicle must submit full route data and fuel use via an approved measuring system as determined by the HRMM-Appointed Referees.
4. Entries must be submitted via Google Forms provided below by 23:59:59 1 June and 1 November respectively. Entries will be verified with participating shippers and receivers by the Judges.
Grain Race: https://forms.gle/K8FDj2UhFBAE9aK3A
Pumpkin Race: https://forms.gle/a7vV23MY9dcvhcPx7
5. A panel of impartial judges will be gathered from local sustainability groups to verify and score the participants. Scores will be final after the determination of Judges and cannot be modified.
☛ Schooner Apollonia. Hudson. Sam@schoonerapollonia.com
☛ Solar Vessel Solaris, HRMM Kingston Boatcharters@HRMM.org
☛ Solar Sal Troy firstname.lastname@example.org 518.272.7863
☛ RevolutionX NYC Revolutionx.co/contact
☛River Valley Community Grains Long Valley www.rivervalleycommunitygrains.com/
EXTRA-REGIONAL SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS:
☛The Green Mountain Center for Sustainability at Prescott College (Prescott, AZ).
☛Go Sail Cargo: Scruffie Marine. (Queensland, Australia)
REGIONAL SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS:
☛*Northeast Grainshed Alliance
STATE SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS:
☛*Hudson River Maritime Museum. Kingston. BoatCharters@hrmm.org 845.338.0071x16
☛*The Center For Post Carbon Logistics. Kingston. Info@PostCarbonLogistics.org
☛ Solar Sal Boats Troy email@example.com 518.272.7863