Tairangi School Procedure Statement
CLOTHING, HAIRSTYLES & ACCESSORIES NAG 5 Health & Safety
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- Children are to wear sensible clothing that is appropriate for the time of year and appropriate for the activities for school.
- Children must wear a sun hat during Terms 1 and 4 when they are in the playground.
- Children on road patrol are to wear the protective clothing provided.
- Clothing should be named.
- For fitness activities students should wear appropriate footwear.
- The school does not permit the wearing of the following clothing:
- Low cut tops for girls
- Clothing that reveals bare midriffs or underwear
- High heeled or platform shoes.
- Unclaimed lost clothing will be donated to charity at the end of each term after parents have been notified and have had a chance to claim it.
- Extreme fashions are not permitted at school; the decision on what is extreme is at the discretion of the Principal.
File:clothing5.doc Procedure Statement – Clothing