1 lb boneless chicken, tenderloin or breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbsp olive Oil
3 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp Clabber Girl Corn Starch
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup crushed pineapple
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Clabber Girl Corn Starch
Serve over cooked rice and with steamed vegetables if desired for a complete meal.
1. In a medium bowl, add the flour and Clabber Girl Corn Starch and stir to combine.
2. Dip each piece of chicken into the flour/starch mixture so it is well coated. Repeat with all the chicken pieces so they are all coated.
3. Meanwhile, in a pan, heat the olive oil
4. In a small bowl, add the egg and pepper and stir to combine.
5. Dip each flour/starch coated piece of chicken into the egg mixture so coated well.
6. Add the coated chicken pieces into the pan of heated oil. Cook until each piece is crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes or so.
7. Once cooked, remove the chicken and drain on paper towels.
8. In the same pan, add the pineapple and diced green pepper and cook until pepper is cooked to softened and stir regularly.
9. In the meantime, make the sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and whisk together until well blended.
10. Add mixed sauce to a medium saucepan and bring to a low boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let set a few minutes.
11. Combine the cooked chicken, the sauce, and the peppers/pineapple mixture and mix together. Then it is ready to serve.
12. Serve over cooked rice and with steamed vegetables for a complete meal.